Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Summary - PaulALax
Name: Paul Lax
Position: Beginner
AIM:
Yahoo:
Jabber/google Talk:
Biographical Info:

Since 1967, motorcycles have been my primary transportation.  I started out with a '67 BSA Thunderbolt.  Over the next 14 years I had a series of British bikes.  My last Brit was a '74 Norton 850 Commando.  By '81 it was getting tough to find parts so I got my first Harley, an '81 Sportster.  In '82 I added a new Electra-Glide.  I've been riding Electra-Glides ever since.  And the '82 is one I have hung onto.  Runs great and lots of fun to take out.  Kids don't know what the kickstarter is.  It didn't come that way, but I added it and I take a perverse pleasure in watching the open mouths when I start it on the first kick.  (Only when it's warm)  My first 3 Flags was in 1983 on the '82.  I've had at least a dozen HD Electra-Glides since then.  This year will be my 21st 3 Flags.  I resumed by moto-X career in 2003 at the age of 53 and raced pretty much every weekend until August of 2013.  I continued to ride the Harley to work, but the weekends were devoted to racing.   I hung up my racing gear in August of '13.  My current ride is a 2014 H-D Limited.  This bike is a quantum leap for Harley.  I traded in my '13 Limited after test riding the '14.  My '82 E-Glide pulled a sidecar for a few years.  In 2003 I bought a new HD Ultra with the factory sidecar but had to sell that a few years ago.  Just picked up a 2008 HD Ultra with factory sidecar.   I still have a soft spot for the British marques.  There is a 1950 BSA Gold Star and a 1952 AJS 500 in my garage.  Both run great and are beautiful.

I got my Iron Butt certificate in 2002 for 1500 in 24 on a ride out of San Diego called the Baby Butt.  I competed in a number of the IBA events, Waltz Across Texas, Land of Enchantment, White Stag, Thin Air TT, Utah 1088 and others.

Looking forward to more highway miles since I'm not racing anymore.  And I'll make a real effort to make more SCMA events.

Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.005 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.