Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Summary - carolinageezer
Name: Danny Vines
Position: Newbie
AIM:
Yahoo:
Jabber/google Talk:
Biographical Info:

Hey folks. The basics. I'm a native Floridian who now lives in NC. I've been riding with very few breaks for 50 years in that in Fla back in the ancient days you could get a learners permit at 14. The day I turned 14 I had my license and a week later a 60cc two stroke Yamaha. I've now owned 27 bikes and currently have a 2010 Harley Heritage Softail Classic and a Honda CB300F. To prove a point I rode the little 287cc Honda 6000 miles in 14 days last summer out to Yellowstone and Glacier and other areas out west. I have done a number of IBA rides including 1570 miles in 22 and half hours on a CG1000 Concours about 12 years ago. I love long rides on back roads. I hope to learn from you veterans of the Four Corners rides and do that ride myself in the next couple of years. I'm now retired from many decades as an Insurance Underwriter and have often ridden to work in Orlando Fla and Charlotte NC. We have a cottage in the NC mountains with great roads like Deal's Gap, the Blue Ridge Parkway and Cherohala Skyway  if anyone wants to visit sometime and get a personal tour guide. I've been an MSF certified instructor back in the days you called them an "instructor" instead of a "coach" and have done many track days on four different bikes. There are "destination" people and the "ride" type and I'm more about the "ride" . To me seeing the country from the saddle of a motorcycle is as good as it gets. I might do the Four Corners on a small displacement bike and am thinking of a way to do it without using any Interstate Highways. I'm impressed by you guys who have done it multiple times and also the "X" version. I thought about that a few years ago and found out I wasn't the originator of such a thought. I'm a fit guy for approaching 65 years of age and used to run a marathon each year. Hoping to do the Bataan Death March Marathon when I turn 70 just to "do it" and spit in the eye of old age. But doing the "X" version that year might be even better. You are all crazy guys so hopefully I'll fit in.

Later Dudes and Ladies.

Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.005 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.