Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 2021 Three Flags Classic
sshulman
Administrator
Post 2021 Three Flags Classic
on: January 2, 2021, 18:21

Hey all,
The 2021 registration for Three Flags is now open. Please register as a member and then register for Three Flags from Mexicali, Mexico to Penticton, BC, Canada.

It's going to be a great ride and banquet. Please e-mail me at Steven1050@aol.com if you have any questions. Ride is limited to 350 registrants. 9 months to go and we are over 225 as of today!

Steven Shulman, Chairman
2021, Three Flags Classic

jabkam
Advanced
Post Re: 2021 Three Flags Classic
on: March 6, 2021, 16:06

Under the bizarre request so far, were the shirts ordered/delivered last year or are they still to be ordered? Another result of the Covid pandemic is the spread and wondering if its possible to go up a size?

lmichael
Pro
on: April 20, 2021, 21:42

We've had a minor problem with the FORUMS page during the previous 24 hours, and in repairing the issue, a couple posts got deleted, so....here is a repeat of what was posted as answers to:

JabKam:

The short answer is YES. Contact Steve Shulman, the TFC Chairman, and he will get you in contact with the right person, to make that change to your shirt size. Do it sooner, rather than later, so all sizes can be ordered.

FartyMarty:

Marty, here is my answer to your question about the need for an additional Finish Banquet ticket.

Your friend from Colorado can ride with you, without being a full paid participant of the TFC. You can pre-purchase an additional Finish Banquet ticket.... for your friend to use at the Finish Banquet, and he can join you at the Finish Banquet.

(joke ahead)...however, given your forum name here...it is highly advisable that your friend from Colorado right in front of you, rather than behind you, so that he breathes clean air the entire route. 😛

Let Steve Shulman....the TFC Chairman.... know in advance, and have them sell you one additional Finish Banquet ticket.

tgary
on: May 18, 2021, 07:34

I know we need the Mexican & Canadian Borders open for this Run. What are the other barriers we need to overcome for this Run to happen this year? Just wondering. Keeping my ears to the ground for a sign....

lmichael
Pro
on: May 25, 2021, 06:55

tgary, the TFC can operate whether or not "boarders" at the Mexican and/or Canadian BORDERS are open to us traversing their neighborhoods. 😛

Yes, that was a long way of saying....it is the BORDERS we are concerned about, and not the "boarders". 😎

Get 'yer ear off the ground...mate ! 😀

Okay, enough harassment of "tgary"......to answer thy question.....Steve Shulman will be along any moment now. I am just here to be the spellcheck s.o.b. 😮

sshulman
Administrator
on: May 25, 2021, 08:08

Hello those of you who have posted on recent days and weeks. I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner, but if you need a question answered quickly, you can always reach out to me at Steven1050@aol.com.

Our ability to run a Three Flags Classic this year has everything to do with 1) the , opening Canadian border without quarantine, and 2) large gatherings even if the Canadian border is opened.

My desire is to have the ride even if we have to modify the banquet. If we can get in and out of Canada, the ride will take place absent some unanticipated problem. Our members want a ride and we'll do everything we can to have it if the borders are opened. I'm getting regular reports from Canada on the likelihood of the border being open in time, and I think it's going to be very close as we have to make the decision in July or early August. We've extended our decision until late July or even August to make a go, no-go decision. We'll keep you posted in e-blasts.

As for shirts. Contact me at Steven1050@aol.com if you need a shirt size change. We'll take care of it.

One last thing. If you'd ever like to attend the TFC Committee Meetings, you are welcome to attend. They are held on the Wednesday's at 6 PM (PDT) following the 21st of each month. Next meeting on May 26, 2021. The 21st is the day we get a report on the Canadian borders. Just send me an e-mail and I'll invite you to the Zoom meeting.

I hope everyone is well and I'm hopeful we'll have a ride this year. There is a great deal of pressure on the Canadian government to get the borders open, and I think we are very close to having that decision in July or August. It'll be a close call, for sure!

Best to everyone and hope to see you in Mexicali in a few short months.

Steven Shulman. Chairman
2021 Three Flags Classic
45th Annual Three Flags Classic

revsrobson
on: May 28, 2021, 12:13

Here is an update on the situation in British Columbia re social distancing. The B.C. Chief Medical Health Officer announced on May 25, 2021 that British Columbia will remove restrictions on large social gatherings ( more than 50 people) on September 7, 2021. So it appears the banquet scheduled for September 7, 2021 would be allowed. The big issue is opening up the Canadian border. Prime Minister Trudeau has stated he doesn't want to open the border to vehicle traffic until at least 75% of Canadians are vaccinated. I think Canada currently sits at around 58% vaccinated. June is looking like Canada will be getting big shipments of vaccine so I am optimistic the borders will reopen by July 1st or maybe August 1st at the latest. There is growing pressure to open the border.

asteve
on: June 3, 2021, 11:04

When and if the Canada opens things up again, will they require a vaccination passport? If so, that might limit some from entering as so many folks refuse to get "the shot" due to it being linked to tumors and all sorts of terrible reactions, etc.

lmichael
Pro
on: June 20, 2021, 08:37

Steve, since the Chairman is busy at this moment, allow me to fill-in on this subject matter, as it addresses a topic that is relevant to any and all that TRAVEL outside the USA.

ANY kind of travel outside the USA is going to require some level of verification and/or documentation (which is also a form of verification) that the traveler has complied with the requirements for entry into the Country they are wanting to travel to.

If a Country requires a traveler to show verification/documentation of having received the CoVid19 vaccine..and/or...proof of a negative result from a very recent CoVid19 "test", then that is what will be required for any and all travelers wanting to enter that country.

That is NOT something the USA authorities have any control over. That is being requested and required by the Country the traveler is wanting to enter into.

Yes, there are some people in the USA, and some people in hundreds of other countries around the World that either make the choice that they will NOT get the vaccine shot(s), or....due to medical reasons they cannot get the vaccine shot(s).

For whatever reason is behind a person NOT getting the vaccine shot(s), that is on them, and no Country on Earth should be forced to allow entry into their Country by someone that does not comply by that Country's rules of entry.

Example: My wife and I do a fair amount of River and Canal cruising in the Rivers and Canals of Europe, and most specifically in the UK. We will voluntarily abide by any Rules of Entry that any of these Countries require of us, as we want to be allowed into their countries. Both of us have been fully vaccinated, both have two shots of the vaccine, and if any Country requires more of us, we will submit that their requests, because we want to be there, want to be allowed in, and want to enjoy that activity.

Yes, there have been a "few" people that have had adverse side affects from receiving the vaccine shot(s), but that number is a very small percentage compared to the hundreds of millions that have received the vaccine in the USA, or the Billions that have received the vaccine around the globe.

If a person makes the personal decision to NOT receive the vaccine, for whatever reason they justify in their own mind...that is on them, and they have to live with the restrictions that will occur as a result of their decision to not receive the vaccine.

If a person has a medical issue that prevents them from receiving the vaccine, while that is a completely different scenario, and is unfortunate for that person, it still causes that person to live with the restrictions that will occur as a result of not having received the vaccine.

IMO....Canada is doing things the right way. Keep in mind, and I think you will remember this, my wife is a Doctor of Epidemiology, and works for the very state in which you live, so this CoVid19 issue has been on her desk for the last 18 months, and she is in direct communication with her colleague at CDC everyday. In "our" household, we were aware of this CoVid19 issue as far back as December, 2019, whilst the rest of the people in the USA were not informed of it until much later.

Finally, while some people resist the idea or notion of a Vaccine Passport.......history shows that a Vaccine Passport has been in use for hundreds of years....and anyone that has traveled to Countries that require immunization shots for a myriad of illnesses/diseases will know that this is not a new issue in travel requirements. It may be forefront in some people's minds now, because this is the first Global Pandemic that 99.99% of us have had to live through in our lifetime, but this is not a new issue.

The ultimate bottom line to all this is: If a person wants to travel to other Countries, they will have to be willing to abide by the travel rules and restrictions of that country, as poised by the Rules of Entry for that Country.

If Canada requires that a traveler show evidence of a Vaccine Passport, which in essence is the CDC Vaccine card that the vast majority of us now have, then that is what is required, and it has NOTHING to do with the SCMA Board, or the Three Flags Classic Committee, or the TFC Chairman.

I, personally, would recommend to any and ALL people on planet Earth that they receive the CoVid19 vaccine, so that We..The People...can move forward.

jabkam
Advanced
on: June 21, 2021, 19:06

Well said. There was news today that fully vaccinated Canadians are being allowed to return after essential travel without quarantine, as long as they have tested negative within 3 days of arrival and test negative again at the border on arrival. It is also being reported that the border won't reopen until 75 percent of Canadians are fully vaccinated, currently just over 20 percent are. Also, Canadians are not currently allowed to enter the US for non essential travel .

Pages: [1] 2 3
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.