Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: 2021 Three Flags Classic
fartymarty
Post Re: 2021 Three Flags Classic
on: June 22, 2021, 13:20

This will be my first SCMA event and I'm really looking forward to it, I sure hope it doesn't get cancelled. I heard that the border closing has been extended to July 21 2021 and I was kind of curious what the lead time was for Belt Buckles...I assume the date is on the buckle somewhere and it might be a good idea to just leave a flat spot where the date needs to go just in case, then if the event happens just put a sticker on it for the year and then let each that earn the buckle by completing the event get the date engraved on their own?...and then if it gets cancelled the buckles would still be good for next year. Having never been to the event before I have no idea what I'm talking about so I'm just throwing out an idea that may be totally useless. Perhaps the buckles are already made and they all have 2020 on them? 😛

Tombstonez-
on: July 4, 2021, 10:05

I signed up for both the 3fc and the 4US corners back in 2020... Now in 2021 I find that I have to choose one or the other. Due to the 'iffy-ness' of the 3fc I'm going to choose to do the 4 corners.
My question; will there be refunds from SMCA this year or will we need to post our reservations on a re-sale page? And if we need to re-sell where will that page be?
Thanks!
Ken

lmichael
Pro
on: July 11, 2021, 09:20

Tombstonez1, if you go to 2021 Three Flags Classic "forums" page, you will see THE page for the TFC ticket resales.

You will find the TFC ticket resale page.

And, fartymarty, whilst you always have good questions, the plan this year is that the TFC "WILL" take place, even if the Canadian Border is closed to us, and we have to have a Finish location within the USA.

I am sworn to secrecy, and cannot reveal too much info on that subject matter, but suffice it to say that the Lead Dog on this project never sleeps, and has alternative plans in place.....in case.

Tombstonez-
on: July 19, 2021, 14:25

Imichael - Thanks for the response! I'm still deciding and will wait for the next eblast to decide. Maybe I can get creative and do them both.
.....So many rides so little time!

tgary
on: July 20, 2021, 13:01

I read on the AP wire today there are plans to reopen the border Aug 9th to Fully Vaccinated Americans entering Canada. Just waiting to see if a reciprocal agreement will be issued by the USA.
There might be a light through the crack at the Canadian border soon......

jabkam
Advanced
on: July 21, 2021, 07:41

Well, 07:30 am PT news in Kamloops stated US border staying closed until at least Aug 21 and maybe longer, the day after I am scheduled to leave for the 3 flags. Looked at availability of testing yesterday in case had to be tested prior to entry into the US and the closest would be Abbotsford, next is Alberta and they are set up for arriving, not departing traveller's with a cost of 200 CDN plus tax. Hoping for a quick decision so I can try to schedule a long ride while the riding season is still here. Also, the wording of the CDN opening is for American traveller's, doesn't appear Mexican resident traveller's will be allowed in until Sept 7 though not sure.

bsmith
Advanced
on: July 21, 2021, 10:55

I am very, very upset,(nice word), at both of the Canadian and US federal governments, actions concerning the opening or not, of our International Border.

I am going to try to show restraint of my real thoughts on this matter, because of internets forever record.

However as usual our Canadian Government caves in to US pressure to reopen, without anything reciprocal in place.

So to all American Three Flags Riders, may you have an excellent ride.

As of this morning, Canadian Riders will be absent.

I was going to suggest that if the US does not open the Border to Canadians, that the SCMA offer a full refund of entry fees to us, but won't for this reason.
I an be more and completely (UPSET), if my money is spent on something from which no value will be realized.

Bob

DougC
on: July 21, 2021, 19:44

Sadly just cancelled all my hotel reservations, for me it’s too tight a timeline to take a chance. I hope next year is an easier choice for all.

fartymarty
on: July 22, 2021, 08:21

As I understand it now (someone correct me if I'm wrong) (1)For U.S.A. citizens, returning into the U.S.A over land has no restrictions (other than needing a valid passport ) from Canada or Mexico and is considered essential travel even if you left the country for recreational reasons. (2) there are currently no new or special restrictions for travel into Mexico including for recreational purposes. (3) U.S. Citizens can enter Canada after August 9, 2021 for recreational purposes, IF they have proof of full covid vaccination (second dose if needed 14 days prior to entrance), AND have entered the vaccination info into ArriveCAN, AND have tested negative for Covid 19 within 72 hours of border crossing.

Canada also requires a 14 day quarantine plan in case you don't get the exemption...but I'm assuming that turning around and going home (that would be my plan) is acceptable.

It is getting complicated.

In light of the complications and time crunch....

Quote from lmichael on July 11, 2021, 09:20
..... the plan this year is that the TFC "WILL" take place, even if the Canadian Border is closed to us, and we have to have a Finish location within the USA.

I am sworn to secrecy, and cannot reveal too much info on that subject matter, but suffice it to say that the Lead Dog on this project never sleeps, and has alternative plans in place.....in case.

.....the plan quoted above might be best. 😉

lmichael
Pro
on: July 26, 2021, 12:29

I am sad.....sad I say.....that my friend Bob Smith (a Canadian) will not be attending the TFC this year. 🙁

IF we have a TFC ride this year, I am going to miss seeing that quirky Canuck, and all his fellow Canucks.
Going to be quite difficult to LAUGH, when there are no Canadians in the room. 😮

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.