Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 2021 Three Flags Classic
millmutt
Post Re: 2021 Three Flags Classic
on: July 28, 2021, 14:28

This worldwide health crisis is very dynamic and is going to be with us for sometime. I appreciate the effort being made to put on the event this year but I think it should be canceled once again.
Ride safe, stay safe

heallen123
Beginner
on: July 29, 2021, 12:37

Here’s something I just found out today. As US Citizens to come back in the US that we will need to have a negative Covid test. So are there going to be test available for us to take?
Since the ride starts just across the border, should the ride just start in El Centro, CA. To avoid all this crap about getting tested to come back into your country. Even though thousands of illegals cross into the US without be tested. Since we’re not going into Canada. Just make it a one Flag ride.

fartymarty
on: July 29, 2021, 14:30

Quote from heallen123 on July 29, 2021, 12:37
Here’s something I just found out today. As US Citizens to come back in the US that we will need to have a negative Covid test. So are there going to be test available for us to take?

I thought the negative covid test was only required for air travel back into the U.S.A., and not required for driving back into the country. If I'm wrong, do you have a link that you can provide?

Numerics
on: July 30, 2021, 06:14

I don’t! Wrong thinking. My wife and Her Advance team of Doctors and Nurses just went to Mexico, outside of Puerto Vallarta, in the mountains to see about doing a Medical Mission later in the year. They reported Hugh out-break of Covid 19 That plus the Variant D. A major problem there is that it is purposely being under reported so tourism won’t suffer.

To me Mexico, is much more of a problem than Canada. What I suggest is to make a trip where we meet at the border..but don’t cross it. If Canada opens great, otherwise let’s touch the Canadian border, and then all finish at the top of the ‘Road to the Sun’, in Montana for a banquet.

Driving, and being out in the open is the best solution to Covid for 2 reasons, one: being cooped up is what causes problem from this damn virus, and two: The Mental Heath lift from a long ride outdoors will do wonders.

lmichael
Pro
on: July 30, 2021, 06:38

Ladies & Gentlemen, an important announcement will be forthcoming in the next couple days.

Please.....hold onto any thoughts you may, or may not have regarding this year's Three Flags Classic, and wait for the important forthcoming announcement.

Thank you

lmichael
Pro
on: July 31, 2021, 06:32

Well, as I predicted, the Important Announcement was E-Blast yesterday, on Friday, July 30th, 2021, and was sent out to all that receive an E-Blast...as in E-Blast # 7.

In that Important Announcement it stated that the 2021 Three Flags Classic has been CANCELLED, due to a multitude of reasons. That same E-Blast gave all the answers to all the questions that most of you have rumbling through your helmet holder right now.

For those that do not receive an E-Blast via e-mails, or for those that have not had their questions answered......please ask here, and we will try to assist you the very best we can.

Questions ???????

fartymarty
on: July 31, 2021, 07:14

Probably not the questions most would ask, but....I'm assuming that some pre-riding of the routes was accomplished and that those that did so were compensated for expenses....where is that money coming from? If it's from the general pool of 3FC registrations..do you need some voluntary contributions to replace those funds to insure that no penny pinching needs to be done next year and that we can have a top notch event?

,,OH..and were there any interesting finds (road closures, etc) on the pre ride?

bsmith
Advanced
Post Re: 2021 Three Flags Classic.( Thank You)
on: July 31, 2021, 11:53

Thank You to Steve Shulman and the Complete Three Flags Committee.
However I would like to single out Steve Shulman for a very heart felt thank you from me,

It's easy to say to someone in Steve's position, something like, (I can only imagine what you have went thru in making the decisions you have had to make in the last few years, regarding the 2020, 2021, and 2022 Three Flags Classic).

I won't begin to imagine, because I suspect I can't, the decisions that have to be made in the organization of a normal Classic, let alone, the decisions that have had to be made in cancelling/ postsponing two of them.

So
Thank You Steve Shulman
Thank you 3 Flags Committee

And Thank you, Miles, for only referring to me as, (Quirky)
There were so many other, less flattering words you could have used.

Bob

fartymarty
on: August 2, 2021, 15:12

I have to second every nice thing Bob said above! 😀
I too have been known to be Quirky so I'm sure we have much in common, however....I've thought of another question.....

The e-Blast said the 2022 event will be Sept 1 through Sept 5 2022......so do we check in at the Araiza hotel in Mexicali on August 31 2022? I hope so, because instead of canceling my reservation there, I called and changed it to Aug 31, 2022 and checking out on Sept 1, 2022. I was thinking of doing that (increment forward 364 days) at every hotel that will let me .

Bad idea?

edit: Never mind, I answered my own question by re-reading the eBlast, I'll keep the change I made to the Araiza hotel and cancel the rest of them. Just fyi, the Ariaza gave me the same rate before tax for the 2022 reservation as they did for the 2021 reservation.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.037 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.