Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2021 TFC..... POSTPONED until 2022
lmichael
Post 2021 TFC..... POSTPONED until 2022
on: July 31, 2021, 06:26

If all of you have not yet read the E-Blast # 7 that came out yesterday, Friday, July 30th, 2021.........I would suggest that you do so, as it explains all the Whys and Wherefores of the POSTPONEMENT of the 2021 Three Flags Classic ride. 🙁

Questions ?????? 😮

tgary
Post Re: 2021 TFC "cancelled"
on: July 31, 2021, 06:41

I believe they said POSTPONED.....to 2022. A little less confusing as Cancelled implies refunding all the money.....Postponed means "let it ride" till next year.

fartymarty
Post Re: 2021 TFC "cancelled"
on: July 31, 2021, 07:02

I'm of course disappointed, however I fully understand and support the decision. I want to thank everybody that worked on this these last two years and I hope to meet you all in 2022 to thank you again personally. I also appreciate letting us know in plenty of time to cancel reservations. I was leaving home a week early (23rd) to visit California and making a decision on the 21st and announcing it on the 22nd would have been cutting it close.
Thanks again 3FC peeps!!!

Numerics
Post Re: 2021 TFC..... POSTPONED until 2022
on: August 2, 2021, 11:48

Great, the committee meets and votes.. great. I'm not sure of all the processes that go thru to make those decisions. But maybe I missed something, the moderator says, " it explains all the Whys and Wherefores of the POSTPONEMENT"... I think I missed that looking at the Blast. There is NO, mention of the why and wherefores.. I only see canceled. Now, I get it Countries like Mexico, has a major outbreak, more than most of you would know, (my wife does Medical Missions around the world, She was in Mexico 2 weeks ago, to evaluate the need.. and Mexico is NOT reporting all the cases they have to make sure it doesn't stop the tourism. SO, I mention in another Post - WHY NOT DO A RIDE WHERE WE JUST RIDE UP TO THE BORDERS...WE COULD START AT THE MEXICALI, FINISH SAY AT THE ROAD TO THE SUN.
I just feel like, we're left out of the process, to provide a possible solution to RIDE.

Does anyone else feel this way? Anybody just want to do this ride.. but not cross the borders?

millmutt
on: August 8, 2021, 07:16

I don't feel the way you do. If you want to ride go ahead. We all want to ride we just can't safely have the 3 Flags this year. The leadership of SCMA make the right decision and it was their decision to make not the membership at large or anyone else. The 3 Flags has been an international event for decades. I have been aware of the event since near the beginning but only took the opportunity to participate in 18 and 19. Its more than a ride, its an event. The meeting and greeting, friendships made with US, Canadian and Mexican participants is a huge part of the event. The banquets at the start and finish with presentations from local cultural and community organizations and leadership is an exciting enriching experience as well.
Next year hopefully we can join up and do it once again.
Be well and ride safe my friend.

Tombstonez-
on: October 24, 2021, 16:19

I'm looking forward to 2022...fingers crossed that the 3fc happens next year! A HUGE thanks to those working behind the scenes to make this all happen, I appreciate your hard work!!!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.