Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RevKerrys Epic 25th Ride
revkerry
Post RevKerrys Epic 25th Ride
on: May 25, 2013, 17:01

I'm the pastor of http://www.faithbellaire.org, and this June will be celebrating the 25th anniversary of my ordination. My congregation is celebrating by sending me off on a long ride I'm calling my "Epic 25th Ride."

I have really appreciated following other riders on their tours, reading their ride stories, etc. So I decided to start my own blog. I've added some history and will be posting the ride as it happens. I leave at 2:00 AM on June 17th with hopes of being back in the office on July 10th.

You can follow my blog at http://bikerrevkerry.blogspot.com

As you will see, I'm beginning and ending my ride with some IBA rides so I might be reaching out for witnesses in Key West and San Ysidro.

gelliott
Advanced
Post Re: RevKerrys Epic 25th Ride
on: May 25, 2013, 18:27

Kerry,

Every time I click on your link, it just redirects me back to the SCMA Forum?

Elliot

Triumphcaf-
e
Beginner
on: May 25, 2013, 19:32

Kerry,

Look forward to following your ride! Safe travels!

Zachary

gelliott
Advanced
on: May 25, 2013, 19:37

Quote from gelliott on May 25, 2013, 18:27
Kerry,

Every time I click on your link, it just redirects me back to the SCMA Forum?

Elliot

Got it now, just copied and pasted it into Google. Nice Blog, look forward to following you. When do you expect to hit San Ysidro? I live just 10 miles North, and could meet you if our schedules align right.

I'm off on my trip July 4th.

Ride safe!

Elliot

jknorst
Administrator
on: May 25, 2013, 20:51

Kerry,

I added http:// to the front of your blogspot link.

Have a great 25th and a safe ride.

Jack

sshulman
Administrator
on: May 26, 2013, 16:42

Kerry, read your blog and I wish you the best of luck. I'm currently on the Tour now doing the USA Four Corners - True X. Before you get to Madawaska, shoot Joe LaChance an e-mail. He'll likely meet you at the park if he is available and he'll take your picture and you can get one with him. His e-mail is JoeLaChance@roadrunner.com. If you didn't know, he is the man in charge of and who started the park. Great guy and loves to meet anyone he can at the park.

Safe travels to you!

Steve Shulman
Vice Chair, SCMA

revkerry
on: July 5, 2013, 21:31

Thought I should finish this up with a mini-report. I left Houston early Monday morning, like 12:01 AM, on June 18. I went a little farther as my plan is to hit six corners rather than four - I'm adding International Falls, MN, and Brownsville, TX. I got to San Ysidro on July 4th. I got my bike serviced at Sweetwater HD today, and I will leave in the morning for Brownsville, my final corner before home to Houston. I'll do a complete summary on my blog (I'm always interested in reading those so I'll post mine too.) But, for the record, I did the 4 Corners in 18 days, rode 8,639 miles, through 30 states. I spent 11 nights in motels, 5 with family or friends, and 1 night at the Iron Butt Motel on the Massachusetts Turnpike. The weather for me was perfect. I only rode through a little rain getting out of Florida, none since. It was HOT in California and Nevada and I trust will be hot on the way home. Great trip. Glad I am still doing it but I am planning on attempting a Bunburner to get home asap.

gelliott
Advanced
on: July 6, 2013, 05:18

Kerry,

Congratulations! Loved your daily reports. I arrived in Woodland CA yesterday afternoon, and will be departing for Eugene OR this morning, expect to arrive at my second corner Sunday. It was a HOT and WINDY one on my way up central California.

Safe return home
Regards,
Elliot

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.008 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.