Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rain Gear
w4swk
Post Rain Gear
on: June 21, 2013, 20:59

So...we are sitting here in the hotel doing a little "debriefing" of our ride. One of the things we felt could be improved was our rain gear. Would anyone care to share what is working (or not) for them? Thanks in advance!

http://kenshar.blogspot.com

gelliott
Advanced
Post Re: Rain Gear
on: June 22, 2013, 05:31

I have the Tourmaster Elite Series II Rain Jacket and Pants along with the Tourmaster Deluxe Rainboot Covers. I have used the rain suit once coming back from PHX on New Years when I hit sleet, snow, drizzle, and very hard rain through the passes east of San Diego, and stayed completely dry. I also have Tourmaster Dri-Mesh and Cold-Tex Gloves.

sshulman
Administrator
on: June 23, 2013, 09:25

I've had very good luck with Tourmaster for the first few years, but I've noticed one common theme on most of these products with plastic zippers. Sometimes they do not work when you buy them, so try everything on first, and that incudes BOTH booties. After a few years of folding the gear, as well as hot and cold weather, I've observed the zippers tend to fail. Before each ride, I suggest trying on the gear to ensure the zippers can't be pulled apart.

Steve

Triumphcaf-
e
Beginner
on: June 23, 2013, 14:02

On my trip I brought a simple set of Frogg Togs and they worked perfect. That and it didnt take up hardly any room in the bags. In expensive and work really well. Like Steve I wore the slip on boot covers and though they kept me dry it was awkward when I stopped. As for gloves, never really found any good ones. Ended up just getting a breathable pair that would dry out faster than leather gloves when it stopped raining.

Zach

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.