Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Navigating the traffic in Southern California
rubberduck-
y
Post Re: Navigating the traffic in Southern California
on: March 14, 2017, 12:54

Thanks to all for the above info! I will be doing my first FCT starting around May 19, 2017 in Madawaska, down to Key West, over to San Ysidro, then Blaine. Depending on how things go I am looking to get into the SY area some time around June 1. Since the above info is about a year or so old I would like to give ya'll a shout for any updated info that you may have if that is all right. thanks again!

mikakw1
Administrator
on: March 14, 2017, 13:40

We may be crossing paths somewhere along the ride. I am doing the "X", planning to leave San Ysidro on May 6. I should be near Madawaska somewhere around the 19th.

rubberduck-
y
on: March 16, 2017, 04:42

That's a definite possibility Mike! I am planning on getting a motel in the Madawaska area on the 18th and then start out on the 19th. Keep me posted and maybe we can ride a few miles together!

fjim
Beginner
on: April 24, 2017, 00:25

The absolute easiest way through Los Angeles or more accurately, from San Diego to say ... Santa Barbara is to travel early, before 630am or say after the rush, maybe 8ish. Or on the weekends, Saturday or Sunday before 830 or 900am and you'll do the limit all the way through.
And stick to the carpool / toll lanes. No exceptions. Motorcycles are always permitted, transponders or not. Without a transponder they may send you a bill but you only need to send it back (or address it on line, even easier) tell them you were on a motorbike and they'll look at the picture they used to send you the ticket, realize that it is a motorcycle, and void the ticket. Penalties and all.
Ride bold, as forgiveness later.
Good-Luck!!!

gmyers92
on: May 27, 2017, 13:22

I'm going to be heading out on my Journey in just a couple of days. Starting in Tampa/Key West FL and ending in Madawaska. I plan on a BBG and 50CC from Jax to San Yasidro...
Wish me luck. lol

Question for you vets... why doesn't any one post a SpotWalla link to show the path through that LA mess..
Blake, your posts are fantastic and detailed.. but for someone who has never been to LA... all those route numbers just turn into a spaghetti mess when I try and follow you on google maps..

I would just love to look at someone's entire 4 Corners Tour trip as a google maps or SpotWalla link.
Someone post a link? 😉

I'm planed for the run from KW to San Yasidro, but i'll just be winging it from there.

See you out there.

Gary Myers
Tampa, FL

rubberduck-
y
on: May 29, 2017, 14:46

OK, Blake / List members, I am in Casa Grande, AZ for tonight and will be trying to get to San Ysidro sometime tomorrow. My guess is I should be in the area somewhere around 1 or 2 pm (depending on traffic and the roads). So if I understand correctly I would be better off getting off of 8 and taking 94 into the S.D. area. It looks like I would connect onto the 805 from 94 and then south to San Ysidro. Is that correct?

desdog
on: May 30, 2017, 09:41

Rubberduckie...I live in Alpine Ca which is off of the I-8 interstate about 25 miles East of San Diego. Feel free to give me a call if that works and I can assist you in getting in and out of San Ysidro.
The W/B I-94 to the S/B 805 is the most direct route. As you are heading S/B on the 805, once you pass the 905 freeway, start looking for the sign that says "San Ysidro Blvd". Take that off ramp. At the bottom of the ramp, you will make a RIGHT turn onto W. San Ysidro Blvd. You will go about a mile or so and you will see the post Office on the left as you are heading west . The additional info passed on by the other members is spot on to get you thru the LA mess.

Have a safe trip
Manny Smith
Cell# 619-895-3746

Good lick and

rubberduck-
y
on: May 30, 2017, 20:23

Thanks Manny! I started to get off of the I-8 at the 94 but there was no indication at the exit which way was eastbound! I am guessing that if I had turned left that would have been east but the road itself seemed to start heading in a more westerly direction so rather than spend additional time trying to figure it out for sure, I just got back on the 8 and took it right to the 805. Traffic was busy but it moved right along so I was able to get into San Ysidro, get my pictures and gas, and get right back out again.....easy, peasy!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.