Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: USA Four Corners Tour 2013
jsbgunslin-
ger
Post USA Four Corners Tour 2013
on: October 19, 2013, 19:08

I recently completed the USA Four Corners Tour last month. Still waiting to get the ride verified. Anyway, Made it to my first corner San Ysidro, California on September 1st. I went to Key West Florida, Madawaska, Maine, and hit the fourth corner on September 18th. 21 days is plenty of time to complete this ride through or beautiful country. I spent 5 days with family along the way. The weather was great with a little rain along the way as well as heat in the southern states. My traveling days consisted of waking at 5 AM, complementary breakfast then getting on the road by 6 AM. The only stops I made during the day was for restrooms and gas. I was off the road by 6 PM a couple days 7 PM. Dinner, hotel for the night then started all over the next day. My only recommendation to people planning on doing this ride is to buy a Fast Pass that is good for all the states on the east coast that have toll roads. Total miles driven for me this trip was 11,066 miles because I didn't have a passport to go through Canada. A must see during this trip is the Four Corners USA Tour Park that some citizens in Madawaska, Maine put together. This park is unbelievably beautiful.

dmikk53
Post Re: USA Four Corners Tour 2013
on: October 23, 2013, 09:26

I to completed in September (a week before the snow up north), Albuquerque to Madawaska, Then Key West, Blaine and SanYsidro, I went the "bowtie" route with St Louis as the crossing point. Can't wait to see my name on the finishers list and get the plaque.

jsbgunslin-
ger
on: November 9, 2013, 20:47

I sent in all my required paperwork, receipts, and photos the last part of September via regular mail and still haven't got the ride confirmed yet. I was wondering how long it takes. Getting anxious. I realize I'm not the only rider for the four corners USA tour this year and it takes a little time but just wanted to know the time limit?

banderson
Advanced
on: November 10, 2013, 21:39

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Any protracted delay is related to the backlog that builds at the end of the riding year as all of the submittals come in. We order custom plaques that display the finishers certificate that is awarded to you. It takes a while to get that ordered, produced, received, packaged and mailed. Hang tight.

See you on the road

Blake P. Anderson
SCMA Chairman
(714) 801-3931
BlakePAnderson@gmail.com

jsbgunslin-
ger
on: November 10, 2013, 23:01

Thanks Blake. I kind of figured it would take a little while and that was OK with me. Anyway spoke to soon. Got a call from Bill as luck would have it today and he verified the ride. He is truly an asset and very helpful for anyone that is considering riding the Four Corners USA Tour. I am looking forward to being able to do more rides with SCMA in the future.

sshulman
Administrator
on: November 12, 2013, 12:28

I've been in touch with Bill Allen the ride Chair as early as today. He's told me that with the exception of one package, every package he has received has now been certified. He is ordering the plaques this week. Within 4-6 weeks finisher packages will then go out. For those that did not receive hats and towels, those are back ordered and will be sent, but delayed. We are sorry for the delay but we had not way on anticipating a 30% increase in ridership this year! Congratulations to all who completed the ride and thank you for your patience while we work on getting everyone the materials they deserve.

Steven Shulman
Vice Chair, SCMA
949-769-1726

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.006 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.