Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Passport Stamp at Yosemite Tioga Entry
gonzo
Administrator
Post Passport Stamp at Yosemite Tioga Entry
on: October 23, 2013, 11:57

Originally I was advised by the Ranger in Mammoth Lakes ranger station that the only place I could obtain a Yosemite passport stamp was at the Visitor's Center located in the Valley.

Surprise! The Rangers at the Tioga Pass entry gate have the stamp in their booth and can stamp your passport for you.

This will save you a long ride and lotsa time having to deal with the Visitor's Center in the Valley!

bpkunzelma-
nn
Post Re: Passport Stamp at Yosemite Tioga Entry
on: January 15, 2014, 19:15

I will be doing the Parks this year, 2014. So, I appreciate knowing this information. Thanks.

ddominic
on: March 7, 2014, 02:40

If you are the western side of Yosemite. there is another place to get the stamp. Its at the Wawona visitor center.

dhkent55
Advanced
on: March 7, 2014, 17:46

Excellent! Thanks Dominic!

805gregg
on: June 3, 2014, 17:42

To be so close and not visit Yosemite is a shame, one of the most magical places on earth

dhkent55
Advanced
on: June 6, 2014, 17:33

Yes you are totally right, Gregg. Having said that, when the passes are snowed in and we can't get through, grabbing the stamp and pic at the visitor's center is at least OK.

Cowboypvrm-
c
on: February 13, 2015, 10:14

I have lived in fresno for 10 years and have yet to be to yosemite

Cowboypvrm-
c
on: February 13, 2015, 10:14

I have lived in fresno for 10 years and have yet to be to yosemite

gonzo
Administrator
on: February 13, 2015, 10:29

I camped in Wawona on my first Parks Adventure, then rode to the valley for my "Stamp"....'twas the most painful ride with all the traffic and slow movers and crowds. 2nd time in Yosemite I rode the Tioga Pass to reach San Jose. Again, painful on a poorly repaired road and slow traffic of photo takers. 3rd time was the Tioga Ranger Station. Wow, did that ever make me happy that I did NOT have to go into Yosemite. Of all the parks it is my least favorite. And last I heard they were going to increase admission fee to the place. Phooey on that! I got the senior pass...HA !!

dhkent55
Advanced
on: March 4, 2015, 17:35

You are right, Gonzo. I was there last weekend with an alien friend (from Texas) and the entrance fee was $20! The ranger was definitely apologetic, and I skated through with my senior's pass, but be warned!

Dave

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.037 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.