Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Passport Stamp at Yosemite Tioga Entry
ddominic
Post Re: Passport Stamp at Yosemite Tioga Entry
on: March 15, 2015, 01:09

ddominic here; If you are not on a new looking bike you some time begged you way in. I did that on a gl 500, even though you are entering a national park. The is road is public road. don't do it on a touring bike [$$$$$$] do it on a beater.

gonzo
Administrator
on: March 15, 2015, 19:57

I think my Harley would qualify since it is all dinged up, never washed, and full of black duct tape !!!
Tthen again, I have a senior pass,
But I do like to see someone else out there as cheap as I am !! 🙂

Katie
Beginner
on: March 16, 2015, 07:02

I'm with you Cowboy. Lived in CA a total of 20 years and you couldn't pay me to go to Yosemite with those crowds.

dhkent55
Advanced
on: March 22, 2015, 09:04

I rode to Wawona day before yesterday to "get" the covered bridge there (I am riding to all the California covered bridges this year, just for fun!). I got in on my senior's pass, but noticed that the regular fee for a bike is now $15! :O

Dave

fjim
Beginner
on: April 30, 2015, 18:47

I once talked to a State Trooper at a gas station in Mariposa on a holiday weekend and he asked if was heading into Yosemite. I said 'no' and he said, 'good' because it was a 4 1/2 hour wait to get into park. Ouch.

NOW though is a pretty good time. We were up on Glacier Point a couple weekends ago and it was gorgeous. The cool air was clear as a bell and I got some of the best photographs. And while the place is never empty, the people there weren't enough to constitute a crowd. It was a great experience.

Right now everything is open in the park EXCEPT Tioga Pass. So go see Glacier Point, enjoy Yosemite Valley, Bridal Veil Falls had a pretty good flow going over them in spite of the drought. And of course the roads in and out of the park; CA-41, 120, 140 are an absolute delight.

We stayed at the BW in Oakhurst. That's going to be a nice 3FC stop. Good restaurant / bar on the property. And don't miss getting a picture of the redwood Miss Liberty statute out front.

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.024 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.