Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: WHEN ARE YOU LEAVING ON YOUR 2014 USA FOUR CORNERS TOUR? Regular or True X?
Jhallford
Post Re: WHEN ARE YOU LEAVING ON YOUR 2014 USA FOUR CORNERS TOUR? Regular or True X?
on: February 12, 2014, 04:39

My tentative plan is to leave Madawaska on May 24, Key West on May 28, San Ysidro on June 1, and Blaine on June 3. Six days enroute to Madawaska will be spent visiting the eastern and northeastern Best 15. After Blaine I plan to pick up the Best 15 in the Northwest on the way home to Texas. Hopefully this will allow me to finish the Best 15 except the two we will pick up during the TFC. 🙂

sshulman
Administrator
Post Re: WHEN ARE YOU LEAVING ON YOUR 2014 USA FOUR CORNERS TOUR? Regular or True X?
on: February 13, 2014, 22:25

My tentative plan is to do the Three Flags Classic which ends in British Columbia on September 2. I hope to head to Lebanon, KS and either go to Madawaska or Key West next in an effort to do the TRUE X.

Steven

Rhonda_Fus-
sell
on: February 18, 2014, 17:15

Shooting for the first week of July. I took the month of July off from work but that is flexible. This is my first USA4C Tour. I live in Indiana. My friend just backed out, but am hoping to make this trip happen. Smiles! I will start in either Madawaska or Key West.

Hot_Victor-
y_Ride
on: February 18, 2014, 19:26

I'm planning to start the last week of July from San Yasidro, head north to Blaine, cross down to Key West and finish in Madawaska before heading over to Tuscon to do the 3 Flags.

bpkunzelma-
nn
on: February 24, 2014, 09:56

Prior to starting in Maine, I will do the Tail of the Dragon, the Back of the Dragon, the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Kancamaugus Highway and other associated roads on my way up the East Coast.

I will be leaving on the USA 4 Corners True X sometime around June 15 from Madawaska, ME after attending my daughter's graduation from college in Hanover, NH. I will be attempting to complete the ride without setting foot or tire on any of the Eisenhower Interstate system otherwise known as I-5 through I-95!

I have already gotten my routing figured out. Now, its just a matter of execution and staying alive by avoiding cars and animals and any other interference.

As part of the ride, I will include Lolo Pass and Washington 20 on my way to Blaine. On the way back to KS, I will ride the Beartooth Pass Highway and Custer to Mt Rushmore to Keystone, SD.

I will ride the Million Dollar highway on the way to San Ysidro and stand on the 4 corners in CO,UT,NM & AZ.

When finished with the USA4C, I will continue to visit the other 23 parks and memorials in the California Adventure Ride. Hopefully, I will be able to complete those and ride the PCH and then ride home giving me a bit of a rest before joining the other riders for the TFC at the end of August.

bpkunzelma-
nn
on: February 24, 2014, 09:59

Quote from sshulman on February 13, 2014, 22:25
My tentative plan is to do the Three Flags Classic which ends in British Columbia on September 2. I hope to head to Lebanon, KS and either go to Madawaska or Key West next in an effort to do the TRUE X.

Steven

I thought about doing the True X after the TFC like you are talking about doing. I had a change of heart though. Planning a few months earlier.

loneranger
Beginner
on: March 1, 2014, 14:10

Quote from Rhonda_Fussell on February 18, 2014, 17:15
Shooting for the first week of July. I took the month of July off from work but that is flexible. This is my first USA4C Tour. I live in Indiana. My friend just backed out, but am hoping to make this trip happen. Smiles! I will start in either Madawaska or Key West.

If still counting on going let me know k9trider@aol.com

Rhonda_Fus-
sell
on: March 2, 2014, 09:12

Well it is now official; due to medical reasons, my friend will not be able to make the USA4C Tour this year. I am still planning to go. I will be asking at the local HOG (HD) chapter meetings this month, if anyone is interested in going.

If you are interested in some company for part of your ride, please let me know. My current plans are to leave Indiana first week of July (flexible) and start at Madawaska or Key West. My style is to get up early and ride long days. I do like the interstate. My only goal is to complete the 7,000m/21d.

2012 completed Alaska/Canada(s) trip 8,200m/21 days. 2013 completed New Orleans, Milwaukee, and Smokey Mountains a couple of times. Ride a 2007 HD Software Heritage; it can easily keep us with the cruisers.

Willing to share expenses where appropriate. Positive personality. I do not do allot of detail planning. I have a horrible sense of direction – have to rely on my GPS and map reading. I go with the flow and enjoy!

Here’s to a great year of riding!

Email: rjfsmiles@yahoo.com

ponydrvr
on: March 9, 2014, 19:43

Being from Kentucky the starting point is a tough decision to make. But I have decided to start out by riding the Natchez Trace from Nashville to Natchez, MS departing June 10th. The plan is to continue to New Orleans, LA spending 4 days with friends there then heading west to San Ysidro.

I am planning a departure, from San Ysidro on June 21st, going clockwise and ending in Key West. As of this writing there will be 6 riding with me to New Orleans. two of them will be heading west with me and possibly picking up a third in the Tuscon area. I will likely lose one at Sault Ste Marie, possibly the second.

My travel plans include some interstate, where necessary, primarily state roads, but will try to stay close to the ocean on both coasts traveling roughly 350 miles per day. Plans are basically 10 hour days with plenty of time for stops every 120 to 150 miles.

I am open to riding with others with similar expectations.

gelliott
Advanced
on: March 12, 2014, 19:04

Ralph,

I'll be more than happy to meet you in San Ysidro when you ride through and say hello; I'm just 10 miles north of there in Chula Vista. I'm heading out on my Ride on May 10th going clockwise.

Elliot

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.