Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mission Tips: Santa Clara de Asis
dhkent55
Advanced
Post Mission Tips: Santa Clara de Asis
on: February 16, 2014, 16:36

As I wander through all the missions this year I will post any tips that I think may be useful to other noobs like me! 😀 I hope others will help me out with a little local knowledge, too! 😎

Mission Santa Clara is actually located on the grounds of the University of Santa Clara. OK...OK...probably everyone already know this, but I didn't. When you ride into the main gate of the university, past the little guard shack, the mission is actually straight ahead...but a long way off. If you ride straight on to the turn-around, past the first stop sign, the mission is on ahead past the barricades, maybe 200 yards or so. Park in front of where you are supposed to stop and you can get a pic of your bike with the mission WAY OFF in the background.

quiltngirl
Post Re: Mission Tips: Santa Clara de Asis
on: September 6, 2014, 07:26

We actually were able to go up to the mission with the permission of the guard and this may have only been because we were early...before 8am (and no one walking on the quad). We proceeded past the barricades where the electric cars allowed...slowly up the tiled pathway. So if early you might try and see if the security will permit..we were in and out in 5-10mins. Beautiful university campus!

quiltngirl

We actually were able to go up to the mission with the permission of the guard and this may have only been because we were early...before 8am (and no one walking on the quad). We proceeded past the barricades where the electric cars allowed...slowly up the tiled pathway. So if early you might try and see if the security will permit..we were in and out in 5-10mins. Beautiful university campus!

quiltngirl

gonzo
Administrator
on: September 6, 2014, 08:51

The two times I visited the campus the guards always allowed me entry into the campus. Both times students were walking between classes and I was able to entice one of them to take my photo.
Yes it is a beautiful Mission and campus! Its great you were able to do a brief tour of the mission.

Jhallford
on: September 28, 2014, 04:59

Did any of you get a stamp for this mission? I found no one who knew anything regarding a Visitor Center, Gift Shop or Stamp so I left with a only a picture. I did wander around campus chasing down leads as to where I might get a stamp. It is a beautiful campus and Mission. Mass was being held when I was there so I was unable to go inside.
Riding in downtown San Francisco at 3:00 PM was an adventure for this ole country boy!
Thank you SC-MA for great rides!
JD

dhkent55
Advanced
on: September 28, 2014, 20:15

As far as I know, none of the missions have a stamp like the parks do. The instructions in the booklet say to "take a photograph of you or your motorcycle." The stamps are for the parks challenge.

Dave

Jhallford
on: September 29, 2014, 12:52

Thanks Dave, On some of the information on line it says a stamp is required but as you say in the Mission Book instructions it is not mentioned. Each mission does have its own unique stamp some with a date. I have all but the one for Santa Clara de Asis. I am hopeful what I submit will suffice. It was another great SCMA ride.
Thanks Everyone
JD

gonzo
Administrator
on: October 9, 2014, 14:49

Hey y'all, here's a little info for ya

Not all missions have a stamp....but some do.
In lieu of a stamp, some have a sticker
but there are one or two without stamps or stickers
You are not required to have your passport stamped or stickered for your visit.

Santa Clara is a University upon which the Mission stands.
there is no visitors center there.
There is a University book store however where you can purchase memorabilia
but they possess neither a stamp nor a sticker.

The only evidence requirement is a photo of either you or your bike at the mission.
I personally took a photo of myself AND my bike, and sometimes with a local, in front of every mission.

gonzo
Administrator
on: October 9, 2014, 14:49

Hey y'all, here's a little info for ya

Not all missions have a stamp....but some do.
In lieu of a stamp, some have a sticker
but there are one or two without stamps or stickers
You are not required to have your passport stamped or stickered for your visit.

Santa Clara is a University upon which the Mission stands.
there is no visitors center there.
There is a University book store however where you can purchase memorabilia
but they possess neither a stamp nor a sticker.

The only evidence requirement is a photo of either you or your bike at the mission.
I personally took a photo of myself AND my bike, and sometimes with a local, in front of every mission.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.007 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.