Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Harley Museum and Lake Express (Cool USA Four Corner side trip)
sshulman
Administrator
Post Harley Museum and Lake Express (Cool USA Four Corner side trip)
on: March 20, 2014, 16:22

If you are a motorcycle enthusiast you might be interested in this side trip. You don't have to be a Harley enthusiast to enjoy this great stop at their museum. As part of this excursion take the Lake Express across Lake Michigan. When going to Blaine from Madawaska I suggest cutting into Canada in Madawaska and head south cutting into Quebec working your way down to Montreal and Toronto. You can come back into the USA at Windsor, Canada/Detroit, Michigan. Work your way west to Muskegon, Michigan which is on Lake Michigan and take the Lake Express to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Once in Milwaukee take a 5 minute ride over to the Harley Museum. I think you'll enjoy this little adventure. You can obviously do the same thing going from Blaine to Madawaska.

A couple of important things you need to know. Buy your tickets for the Lake Express, in advance, on-line. They only run twice a day in each direction and they run on time. Plan accordingly. I stayed in Grand Rapids the night before and only had a 30 minute ride to the ferry before boarding at 9:45 a.m. Motorcycles will board first so you can strap the bike down. They provide the straps. Tie the bike down well because the ride on Lake Michigan can be rather rough. It's about 2 hours and 15 minutes. If you get sea sick, you might not want to do the ferry because it can get very rocky. If you like the adventure... it's absolutely great and you'll remember the excursion and side trip.

Make sure you have lunch or dinner in the Harley restaurant decorated with some cool Harley stuff.

Steven Shulman
Vice Chair, SCMA

jknorst
Administrator
Post Re: Harley Museum and Lake Express (Cool USA Four Corner side trip)
on: March 20, 2014, 16:36

I'm planning on taking the Lake Express eastward in May. There is a Holiday Inn just a mile or two or three from the dock. I will also be incorporating up to 23 other ferry crossings in my Four Corners Tour this time around.

<whine>Blake says I can't take the Carnival Cruise (I mean Ferry) ship from New York to Miami.</whine>

gelliott
Advanced
Post Re: Harley Museum and Lake Express (Cool USA Four Corner side trip)
on: March 24, 2014, 12:40

On Jack's recommendation, I very well may give the Lake Express Ferry a shot to. If all works out, and Jack's scooter can keep up we may very well meet back up in Milwaukee and ride the Ferry together. Just joking Jack 🙂

Your route from Muskegon to Madawaska sounds like an idea; I was still up in the air which way I was going from Muskegon to Madawaska though. I'll have to take a look at the map.

So, you're saying I can't use my frequent flyer miles to Key West? 🙁

Thanks for the info Steve.

Elliot

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.008 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.