Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Duck Dynasty - West Monroe, Louisiana
sshulman
Administrator
Post Duck Dynasty - West Monroe, Louisiana
on: March 20, 2014, 16:34

If any of you riders are Dynasty fans, a fun side trip is Duck Commander in West Monroe, Louisiana. I wanted to pick up a couple of trinkets/shirts/coasters for some fans and "red-neck" friends, so I stopped here. I got a picture of the bike in front of the Duck Commander sign as well by one the local tourists. They were happy to take the photo. A few of them asked me if I was on the show when I parked in front of the sign. I didn't think I looked that bad even with 10 days growth of beard. Obviously I did.

When I arrived at 9:10 a.m. on a Wednesday, the store (which just opened a week earlier) had opened at 9:00 a.m. I figured I would be the only one there. Not so. There were about 40 cars in the parking lot and people were busy picking up shirts, duck calls, and other stuff related to the show. I was one of them and it was very busy.

Nope, didn't see any of the Dynasty folks but riding through that part of Louisiana was a treat and getting a few things were fun. I will say there were an unprecedented number of people without the requisite number of teeth milling about. Watching them was more fun than a busy airport. If you're looking for something interesting... you'll find it here!

I plan on doing the TRUE X again in September this year (2014).

Steven Shulman
Vice Chair, SCMA

gelliott
Advanced
Post Re: Duck Dynasty - West Monroe, Louisiana
on: March 24, 2014, 12:45

Harley Museum sure; Duck Dynasty not a chance......LOL

sshulman
Administrator
on: March 25, 2014, 16:23

Elliot... where's the red neck in you? Whaaaaat?

gelliott
Advanced
on: March 25, 2014, 17:34

I left it in Pascagula MS last time I was down there on business. 🙂

sshulman
Administrator
on: March 27, 2014, 16:01

You guys don't know what you're missing. Not only worth the stop, but the roads in and around the area are pretty nice. Besides, who wouldn't want a Duck Dynasty shirt as a souvenir of your trip? One of the tourists will gladly take your picture. I remember filling up at a Co-op gas station down the block from DD and a few people were filling up. The nicest people in the south.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.01 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.