Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which GPS do you use and why do you like it?
Hot_Victor-
y_Ride
Post Which GPS do you use and why do you like it?
on: April 29, 2014, 14:25

As I'm new to long distance riding, and I'll be taking my first 4 Corners in a few months I've been adding things to my Victory XC (Taller windshield, more luggage, etc). Now it's time to choose GPS. Everyone has an opinion on their Garmin or Tom Tom; I'd like to know yours, good or bad.

lmark
Beginner
Post Re: Which GPS do you use and why do you like it?
on: April 29, 2014, 16:18

G'day mate and I am HAPPY to hear u r going to embark on 1 of the BEST rides EVER!!

Be sure to touch base with Joe LaChance (and his wife Diane) up in Madawaska, ME. REALLY nice people. Joe = (203) 436-7451. Tell him u would like to eat some Ployes and I guarantee u will see a big smile come up on his face. They are known for those up there.

I really LIKE the GARMIN a LOT. I use it daily and it is very versatile. If I am not mistaken, GARMIN is really the leader in the GPS field.

I wish I could personally compare the 2 but I definitely hear a LOT more abt Garmin than TomTom.

Also the GARMIN support is fantastic!!

I have the Garmin 550 Zumo. <-- IMPORTANT (at least to me) the Garmin Zumo 550 LOCKS onto your bike handlebar. The later versions I understand do NOT.

If it does not lock on, it is a quick release and u pop it in your pocket. Very easily. I prefer to leave it on the bike all day and take it off only at night when traveling. <-- personal preference.

It has XM radio, you can download GPX routes, u have HOME, FAVORITES, lots of other stuff but u probably know all that. On the fly (dangerous) but u can program as u ride. (Again dangerous.)

On another matter if I may..... if u go to the Iron Butt Association and look up their (AOW) Archieve Of Wisdom) http://www.ironbutt.com/tech/aow.cfm <-- There, I suspect u will find it helpful for long distant riding.

Feel free to ask away here. The information u get from these SCMA guys is VERY VALUABLE and is EXCELLENT in every way!!!! You likely know there is a HUGE amount of LDR (Long Distant Riding) experience here at SCMA.

Ride Safe my friend.............

BuzzCap7

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.005 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.