Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Madawaska lodging
wlarry
Post Madawaska lodging
on: June 6, 2014, 19:26

Talked with a fellow rider Tom in San Ysidro who said there's a new place to stay in Madawaska complete with bar and food, anyone know about it?

mok54321
Post Re: Madawaska lodging
on: June 7, 2014, 02:45

I think he is talking about the Gateway Motel. We completed our ride in early May and stayed there just after it reopened after extensive re-modeling. They really didn't quite have their act together yet, but I think they will get the kinks out soon. They named the bar the Four Corners Lounge.

wlarry
on: June 9, 2014, 19:10

Ok I can now answer my own question, we're in Madawaska and talked to Joe at the park and he led me to the "Inn of Acadia" which is at 384 St THOMAS ST. It's a block up the hill from the post office. Great place with good price for the accommodations, only bummer was the restaurant not open on Monday {here on Monday of coarse}but the bar's open

sshulman
Administrator
on: June 11, 2014, 17:11

Is this the new B&B above the 4 corners park?

fjim
Beginner
on: July 2, 2014, 22:04

Yes. It was an "old folks home" that has been converted to a hotel according to one resident that stopped to take my photograph for me at the post office. I rode past it and it looked very nice but did not have time to go in.

I stayed at Martin's in 2012. Having paid my dues I swore I'd say across the river this year. The Best Western in Edmundston is very nice.

Post a review here if you actually go?

sshulman
Administrator
on: July 3, 2014, 08:45

I will do that. Joe LaChance (curator of the Park) told me the B&B above the park is going to be nice and the owners are Four Corner Park friendly, in fact I believe Joe mentioned they have a pathway that leads to it from above. That will be my hotel of preference.

Steve

wlarry
on: July 11, 2014, 09:57

The B&B above the park is a different place, Joe told me about that one as well but didn't think the kitchen was complete yet. We were in a room at the rear of the building and could see the post office from the window. Inn of Acadia is a remodeled convent

sshulman
Administrator
on: July 13, 2014, 17:12

Great. Thank you.

steve

VIKING
Beginner
on: July 31, 2014, 11:53

Also stayed at the Gateway on July 25th when we completed our 4CR.
Did the upgraded rooms ($5 more) and they were more than satisfactory.
Had been renovated and was very clean and quite.
Upper level and parking for scoot at room door.
Had dinner in the dining room (very popular night spot for locals)
Had brekkie before leaving area in morning and once again it was very good.
Reasonable rates.

fjim
Beginner
on: August 2, 2014, 19:24

Something in me says Martin's should be a rite of passage for anybody doing their first Four Corners.
It's both clean and comfortable. Just put the décor down to ... "initiation".
Hehehehe.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.