Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: July 12 Board Meeting 8am and General Membership Meeting 10am
banderson
Advanced
Post July 12 Board Meeting 8am and General Membership Meeting 10am
on: July 2, 2014, 15:33

July 12 is going to be a big day for SCMA. We'll count the ballots and announce the results of the 2014 board election and begin to plan our future. The meetings will be held in the back room of Coco's Restaurant, 306 N. Azusa Ave., Covina, CA. Coco's is one mile north of I-10 or 2 miles south of I-210 in the heart of the San Gabriel Valley.

Four board positions are up for election in 2014: Steve Shulman is running for a two-year term as Board Vice Chairman. Ron "Gonzo" Gonzalez is running for a two-year term as Membership Services Director (aka Correspondence Secretary). John Mickus is running as a last minute write-in candidate for a two-year term as Treasurer. And we are still looking for someone to complete the last 12 months of Barbara Fox's unexpired term as Recording Secretary.

Because these candidates are running unopposed, it is tempting, I know, to not take the time to complete a ballot and send it to SCMA Election, PO Box 487, Norwalk, CA 90651. But please do so as a sign of moral support and appreciation for the people that will each devote 500-1000 hours or more to the SCMA and long distance riding during the next 24 months. SCMA operates mostly with volunteers. No one is doing what we are doing. Three Flags Classic, USA Four Corners, Best 15 US Roads Challenge, California Mission Tour, California Parks Adventure, Soup Run, Sweetheart Run, Blazing Saddles, Dog Days of Summer, Grand Tour, Cemetery Tour, Turkey Run and Winter Solstice Saddle Sore 1000 are provided to a total of over 500 long distance riders every year. You are probably one of them. So send in your ballot so that it reaches the Norwalk PO by Friday, July 11 so that it can be picked up and counted on the 12th.

And lastly, I do want to urge everyone to attend the general membership meeting and/or the board meeting. With the new board about to be put in place and looking forward to 2014 and 2015--including the 40th Anniversary TFC ride to start on Friday, September 4, 2015 and ending after 5 days of riding on September 8--there is a lot to start talking about. If you have ideas or want to volunteer, please come to the meeting to get on the ground floor of planning and participating in SCMA's future.

See you on the road

Blake P. Anderson
SCMA Chairman
(714) 801-3931
BlakePAnderson@gmail.com

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.005 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.