Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SPOT Devices
gelliott
Advanced
Post SPOT Devices
on: July 9, 2014, 07:24

Blake,

Wasn't really sure where to put this topic at, but "Catch-All" seemed as good as the next.

Just read your article (Jawbone Canyon Road) in the July Newsletter; thanks! Great article, Lessons Learned. I bought a SPOT 2 a couple years ago on the recommendation of several LD Riders, and always knew the different Check-in messages worked as you stated, however always wondered if the "SOS" button/function would work? Now I know, works like a charm.

Thanks again for sharing your experience, and glad it all worked out for the better. Will keep that in the database for future recall.

R/
Elliot

banderson
Advanced
Post Re: SPOT Devices
on: July 9, 2014, 07:36

After the experience I decided to buy the upgraded SPOT that allows you to Bluetooth-link your cell phone to send one-way text messages to your distribution list. Your spouse/family/friends that you have on the list can't send a message back to you, but at least you can send a real time text about what your actual condition is. For the Jawbone Canyon Road incident I could have alerted my wife to my situation and then later withdrawn my request for help when the guys in the truck came rumbling down the hill. As much money and miles we spend on LD riding, having a bit more communication power makes a lot of sense.

See you on the road

Blake P. Anderson
SCMA Chairman
(714) 801-3931
BlakePAnderson@gmail.com

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.004 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.