Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DOH!!!
dhkent55
Advanced
Post DOH!!!
on: September 28, 2014, 20:10

I bet I'm not the only one who has done this...but I hope I am the last!! 😮

Got the stamp at the Redwoods NP in Crescent City.......and then went off and left my book on the counter! 😛

Got about 40 miles down to the southern visitor's center, and heard my helmet bluetooth beep a couple of times. I thought maybe I had better check these messages out, and had 1 from my wife and 1 from the rangers.

Come back, darlin! All is forgivin'! 😉

That added another 80 miles to what would have been a moderate 360 mile day. Oh well....got it back and if I had to pick a stretch of road to repeat this would have been it. 😉 Props to the very nice rangers at the CC visitors center who took the time to call (BE SURE to put your name and number in the front of the book!!) and only smirked a little bit when I came back.

Dave

ddominic
Post Re: DOH!!!
on: October 11, 2014, 20:58

Well now, welcome to the club! I left my log book at the Manzanar N.H.S. I got to furnace creek before I found I it at the counter. I had to stay in lone pine,ca which I would not do again.

ddominic
on: October 11, 2014, 20:58

Well now, welcome to the club! I left my log book at the Manzanar N.H.S. I got to furnace creek before I found I it at the counter. I had to stay in lone pine,ca which I would not do again.

lmark
Beginner
on: October 14, 2014, 09:43

Dave,

That REALLY sucks!! So sorry it happened to you.

You are not alone in making boo-boos of that sort.

I have heard too many situations where someone from IBA is on a timed ride (like yours) only to find out they left the receipt on top of the pump. And it was (or was not) they are when they get back.

Let alone opening up a zippered compartment while riding in having the wind blow the receipts out all over the road.

Stories of this sort are very upsetting to put it mildly. Sorry it happened to you but thank you very much for sharing.

Now when one of us dummies does a similar thing, we will still feel a bit like a dummy but not a 100% dummy. LOL

Although you went quite a distance before turning around, I am glad it wasn't a lot further.

Thank you for sharing!

BuzzCap7

gonzo
Administrator
on: October 14, 2014, 18:17

I am now counting on my toes the number of times a similar event occurred to me.

The one I like the best tho, is being in Madawaska. I arrived in the evening, got my gas receipt, then headed over to Martin's.

Next morning Joe LaChance is pounding on my door to get me up and go riding with him. Outside on the bike, I couldn't find my sun goggles. Went back to the room and searched...not there. Then I remembered....I left the goggles sitting on the pump the previous evening.

We quickly went over to the gas station and lo and behold, laying on the ground were the foam inserts....but no goggles. Joe went into the store and VOILA (as they say in Francais) the clerk was holding them for me. Seems someone saw them and took them into store expecting my return search.

Howzat for being a town with some great folks !!!!

dhkent55
Advanced
on: October 17, 2014, 14:23

HaHa! I'm somewhat relieved that I am not the only one who can go off and leave important things. You know it is amazing how valuable those little books get after they start getting filled up with stamps. Here's another...the night before I rode down that long narrow road to the Devil's Postpile I stayed in a motel in Hawthorne, NV. I got down to the tiny little visitor's center, and sure enough I had left the log book in the motel! I was heading back to the motel for a 2nd night anyway, so at least I hadn't lost the book forever, but now that page has a pasted-in stamp!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.01 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.