Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Message To Blake
lmichael
Pro
Post Re: Message To Blake
on: October 17, 2014, 06:53

I was first introduced to the SCMA almost 40 years ago, when Joe Usatin would come north to visit the SRRA meetings in Nor Cal. He told us all about the SCMA...our sister motorcycle association in So Cal, and informed us of a new rally they were thinking of starting...the Three Flags Classic. Over the many years, Joe Usatin has been celebrated as being the Grandfather of the Three Flags Classic, and rightly so. More recently, it has been Blake Anderson that not only professionally managed the reins of the SCMA, but also took on the duties of the Chairman of the Three Flags Classic, and...WOW...did Blake do a great job this year. With his vice-chair, Steve Shulman, working by his side, those two men brought back the Three Flags Classic, and reminded all of us old-timers what we loved most about this ride.

In the days prior to Blake, the slogan was...WWJD...as in What Would Joe Do...meaning Joe Usatin.
In current times, and the future, the slogan should be...WWBD...as in What Would Blake Do.

He brought this fine organization back up to the higher standards that people were used to in the early days, he reminded us that kindness is a stronger tool than criticism, and we found that working together formed stronger bonds than grumbling about the near past.

I "thank" Blake for a lot of things...I will miss his intellect, his mature view on how to get things done...quietly, and how he managed both the SCMA and the Three Flags Classic with a velvet glove.

Miles

Miles
AMA - IBA Certified Two Million Miles Rider

waltsolid
on: October 17, 2014, 13:43

Blake you will be missed. A friend recommended SCMA to me not because he road motorcycles but because he knew you. He said you were a class act, and my limited experience with you bears that out. Your class will be missed Blake. Rest in Peace.

Walt

mjohn
Administrator
on: October 17, 2014, 16:54

Blake was a wonderful guy; a real mensch. Blake relished life and lived it to the fullest. His energy and optimism inspired me to step forward and volunteer. I know he had that effect on many others. His seemingly sudden illness and passing reminds all of us that we too must live each day to the fullest, as if it could be our last.

The 40th Three Flags ride is going to take on a whole new meaning now, as we plan a fitting tribute to him.

John Mickus

skiape50
Beginner
on: October 18, 2014, 08:13

Dear Lord, Please accept your humble servant Blake into Heaven. On Earth he had to deal with a bunch of grumpy bikers! I am sure that merits a nice place in your palace. Please provide him with a new bike and a mountain road to ride, and he will be truly happy.

msteve
on: October 19, 2014, 13:07

Here is the last pix I took at the TFC Banquet of Blake where he was the MC.

jknorst
Administrator
on: October 23, 2014, 20:14

Please join us to celebrate the life of
Blake Anderson
When: Saturday, 8 November 2014
Time: Open House, 2-5 pm
(toasts & tributes on the half hour)
Where: Home of Jessica Carr & Joy Ridout

2341 Bonnie Brae, Santa Ana, CA
Dress: Outdoor casual

Blake was an unconventional guy and a gathering to celebrate his life would have to be equally unconventional. Come and celebrate everything Blake loved … Floral Park, motorcycles, beer, ice cream and the love of family and friends. In lieu of eulogies, we will open the microphone for short toasts and tributes on the half hour (2:30, 3:30 and 4:30) so come when you can and stay as long as you like.

Questions/clarification? Email Giovanna at gpiazza@aya.yale.edu Participating in the motorcycle ride-in? Email Steve at steven1050@aol.com

Flowers weren’t Blake’s style, but giving back certainly was. If you would like to make a donation in Blake’s name please consider Water For People, an organization and mission about which Blake was passionate.

jknorst
Administrator
on: October 23, 2014, 20:15

Hello fellow motorcycle enthusiasts and friends of BLAKE!

On November 8, 2014 there will be a memorial ride to celebrate BLAKE'S LIFE from two locations. It will end AT the memorial.

We will be riding from Bert's Mega Mall of Motorcycles at 1151 N. Azusa Covina to the memorial in Santa Ana. Before we get to Santa Ana we will stop at Irv Seavers BMW at 607 W. Katella Ave. Orange, where we will pick up other riders and then continue on our ride to Blake's Santa Ana memorial.

Here are the appropriate times.

Gather at Bert's at 1:30 PM Nov. 8. We will depart at 1:45 PM sharp.
We will arrive at Irv Seaver's BMW about 2:30 PM. and leave for the memorial from there, about 15 to 20 minute ride to Santa Ana. Please use the notice you received to map the final destination in case you get separated from the group.

I look forward to seeing you all! I am out of town until Sunday evening. If you need to reach me, please e-mail me now or call after Sunday the 26th.

Please note that this is not a SCMA ride but a memorial ride for the purpose of showing solidarity for a friend of the motorcycle community.

Respectfully,

Steve Shulman
949-769-1726

maylibella
on: October 30, 2014, 10:18

To Giovana: I only wish that I could have shaken the helping hand that gave me all that I needed with patience and the dignity towards a perfect stranger and thank YOU for sharing him with everybody with whom he came into contact. YOU too are a kind and most generous lady.

Bill Fiaccone
405 833 1421

1badassdad
Post Message To Blake
on: November 5, 2014, 09:34

I just wanted to share an email I sent to have read to Blake before his passing:

Dear Blake:
Steve Shulman told me you weren't feeling well, so I'll get right to the point...

I want you to know how much you mean to me and how profoundly you have impacted my life in such a positive way in such a short time. I will always keep you in my heart where you belong.

Our friendship began before I met you. I was scrolling the internet for information about motorcycles and to see what I could find and learn when I came across the SCMA website.

I was 67 years old and had just bought my first motorcycle in October 2012. As I read through your website, I came across the information about the 4 corners ride and it really captured my imagination. I made up my mind that I was going to do that ride for my 70th birthday on August 11, 2015. I would leave on July 22nd and end up in Key West, Fl. on my birthday,--21 days and into the SCMA HALL OF FAME.

That was the plan and you were the contact guy. I called you to ask some questions and you were so courteous, kind and informative and encouraged me to go on the Blazing Saddles ride that was coming up in May 2013--more questions ensued.

You always treated me with respect and kindness. When I told you I didn't have anyone to ride with, you said I could ride with you--I was a brand new rider, and you were the President of the club and you invited me to ride with you--I was so proud I got to ride with the President--we hadn't even met yet.

You led and I followed. I didn't even finish the full route on day one. I was exhausted and when we stopped for some lunch, you had brought me to the point where all I had to do was get on the freeway to get to the hotel for the night--you were thoughtful and not just concerned with YOUR ride.

Somehow the hotel messed up your reservation and you had no room to sleep in. One of the many questions I had asked you was if riders share rooms and because of the mess up, you and I shared the two queen beds my reservation provided.

The next morning we left Angels camp to ride west across the great, wide, state of California. You knew just where to eat, the best hamburger joint in the middle of nowhere and after we left the delta we traveled on a two lane country road toward our ultimate daily destination just south of Santa Cruz. You had everything on your bike--GPS, MUSIC, PHONE AND CRUISE CONTROL set at 59 in a 55 mile zone you said. In the middle of nowhere, we got pulled over between cow pastures by two highway patrolmen. Radar said we were doing 65 on a two lane country road in the middle of nowhere where the nearest town had a population of 600 and we both got tickets--I didn't care, it was one of the best days of my life and no ticket was going to ruin it for me and it didn't. The mountain road thru Santa Cruz was very challenging for me, but you had given me some tips on how to ride in it and it helped me survive. A Mexican dinner ended the night with stories of new sights seen and traffic tickets received.

You heard I was in a motorcycle accident recently and called to inquire about how I was doing. You wanted to come up to Camarillo, near Ventura and have lunch with me. We spent a wonderful 3 or 4 hours together, talking about motorcycles and the upcoming 3 flags ride.

I want you to know how much I love you. The news of your condition saddened me more deeply than I thought was possible. I sought solice with one of my spiritual leaders and telling him of our brief but meaningful friendship, he said to me after his silence and my tears subsided, "Think of the gift that Blake gave you." He continued, "Life is short, live it fully and let those you love, know you love them."

Blake Anderson, I love you. Thank you for your friendship. You will live forever in my heart.

You have many people in your life who love you and who have known you a lot longer than I, but I want to add my name to the long list of people who call you their friend.

May God Be In Your Side Car. Happy trails my friend. I will miss you, but you are a part of the best part of me--my motorcycle riding experience.

With love, respect and admiration,

Gary Sherwin

mmark
on: November 16, 2014, 16:37

I had the complete privilege of riding with Blake on Dan Burtt's 7 Passes Ride through the Sierras. He was the lead bike and I instantly knew why. Perfect pace, flawless corners, always concerned with the rest of the group. I was the lowest skilled of four riders and got better with each turn. I rode sweeper and played follow the leader with three much better riders for four days. He was able to lead me to at least 105% of what I thought I could ride and it felt great to grow. When one riders needed to be "adjusted" to ride more safely with the group instead of trying to pass the group on the right, Blake firmly demanded the rider either play nice or leave. The rest of the ride was flawless. Imagine four bikes fused into a bobsled speeding through the mountain passes perfectly in synch. That is Blake the best of the best.

Thanks

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.034 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.