Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mission Tips: San Gabriel Arcangel
dhkent55
Advanced
Post Mission Tips: San Gabriel Arcangel
on: October 17, 2014, 14:15

Well OK...no one else would ever make this mistake but me. 😛 For some reason, my Garmin took me down the street that runs BEHIND the mission. I got to an intersection and it said we had arrived, but no obvious mission in sight! I started looking around, and there was "a mission" complete with bells and stuff and looking exactly as a mission ought to look.

So I get off the bike and snap a couple of pics. About then I started getting suspicious, especially when I saw a sign off to one side with "Mission Playhouse" on it. Hmmmm....does this look like the picture in the Mission Tour booklet? Not at all!

I friendly passer-by pointed me in the right direction, and about a block later I found myself BEHIND the real mission! I got the pic and avoided the embarrassment of sending in a picture of a MOVIE THEATER instead of the real deal.

Home

😎

gonzo
Administrator
Post Re: Mission Tips: San Gabriel Arcangel
on: October 20, 2014, 17:58

And here I thot only I had done this......but I figured it out once Garmin got me at the playhouse.....only had to ride around the blocks a few times and then found it!
Ahhh, ain't riding the Missions a load of fun??

gonzo
Administrator
on: October 20, 2014, 17:58

And here I thot only I had done this......but I figured it out once Garmin got me at the playhouse.....only had to ride around the blocks a few times and then found it!

dhkent55
Advanced
on: October 29, 2014, 10:08

Quote from gronald on October 20, 2014, 17:58

Too True...I mean really! I'm so used to our "urban" Bay Area missions that our kids visited in elementary school that finding the more rural ones was a kick! I especially liked The mission at Jolon.

gonzo
Administrator
on: October 29, 2014, 16:31

That would be Mission San Antonio de Padua.
It is my favorite mission.....I donate to their restoration efforts.
I'd be great to set up some type of ride to there whereby we could raise funds for the mission.
They could use the help as they are not frequented as much as the more famous ones are frequented (SF, SJC, LA, etc)

dhkent55
Advanced
on: November 2, 2014, 16:10

What an excellent idea! Maybe a meetup between you southerners and those of us from the chilly (and foggy) north! I'm down for it! 😀

Dave

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.01 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.