Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Local Knowledge -- Rocky Point Mexico
fjim
Beginner
Post Local Knowledge -- Rocky Point Mexico
on: November 22, 2014, 22:56

I'm looking to fill an open item on my bucket list; Ride My Motorcycle in Mexico. Only I haven't been able find anybody interested in going south of the border -- including our Three Flags and I choose not to go alone.

I've come across some comments elsewhere about a place called Rocky Point, Puerto Penasco. It is about 60 miles south of the border crossing at Lukeville and appears to have a nice assortment of resort hotels.

Does anybody here have a current scoop on this place? What is the border crossing like in Lukeville? What are the hotels like and the road south of the border? Especially concerned with security both in port and on the road down and back. Looking to maybe tick that one off next year some time if anybody's interested.

Jim

raginpitbu-
ll
Administrator
Post Re: Local Knowledge -- Rocky Point Mexico
on: November 24, 2014, 20:45

I haven't been down there myself, but from what people tell me that the hotels are generally good and the ride is safe. Border crossing is the border crossing, fairly easy on the way into Mexico, more difficult to come in to the US. I guess weekends are tougher and have your act together.

ajerome
Advanced
on: January 2, 2016, 21:31

The Rocky Point bike rally is held on the Veteran's Day weekend - some 5000 bikes usually there. Perhaps a good time to deal with your 'bucket list'! Here's a link: http://rockypointrally.com

Calgary
'Keep the shiny side up!'

fjim
Beginner
on: June 22, 2016, 16:26

Veterans' Day is November 11th, 2016 so at least I haven't missed it yet.

Hmmmm, interesting. A Laughlin-style party in Mexico? I might have to think about that one.

Thanks for the information.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.