Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Must see, Must Ride!!!!!!!
Sjef
Post Must see, Must Ride!!!!!!!
on: January 15, 2015, 16:39

Hello Folks,
I'm in the process of planning the FC ride for this season. Coming from Canada's East Coast I have traveled most of Canada incl. the IBA TC Quest gold, and a lot of the US Eastern Seaboard.
My question is, out of experience what are the "Must See and Must Ride" routes and attractions along the way.
Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, Sjef

rrobert
Administrator
Post Re: Must see, Must Ride!!!!!!!
on: January 16, 2015, 14:53

Sjef,
Graham Sampson suggested adding some of the 15 Best roads to your Four Corners Tour. You could add all 15!From Canada's East Coast, you will probably start your 4CT at Madawaska. On your way to Key West, you can ride the four eastern roads, get the southwestern roads on you way to San Ysidro. Ca1 is on the way to Blaine. Then, you could get those five remaining northern roads on your way home!

Sjef
on: January 16, 2015, 18:19

Ok Robert Thanks, 1,4,7,9,11,12 are done (but never enough 🙂 ). I work 21/21, (21 days on/off) planning on one trip to do the 4 corners starting in Madawaska as you said. then prob leaving the bike in Vancouver at the end. The next Trip exploring more of the Canadian Rockies and a reverse TC gold back from Vancouver.

Sjef
on: January 16, 2015, 18:21

Haha 5 is done too. Will def. try to cover all the rest.

Sjef
on: January 21, 2015, 16:42

Hey Folks, thanks for some of the private e-mails etc. Things are shaping up pretty good. I think I'm including 2,4,7,8,10 from the top 15 list, of which 2 and 4 are repeats but can't leave them out. These rides add about 1000 km to the total of the ride but will be so worth it, that's what its all about. I think that will make a pretty nice ride. Any more thoughts would be appreciated. Maybe some nice places to stay the night, such as New Orleans etc. Climate wise I'm thinking of reversing my route, during my 3 weeks in Aug to go TC and spend a couple weeks in BC, then in Sept/Oct do the 4 corners counter clockwise. Thanks,

Jhallford
on: February 9, 2015, 01:53

Sjef,
If you do the FC you can easily pick up #10 when crossing Texas. It will add a day to you FC. Go for it.
JD

gonzo
Administrator
on: February 9, 2015, 08:18

Sjef
When I did the 5 Major Events in 2012 this is how I laid the route out for a great summer ride.
Departed SoCal heading north visiting Sequoia, KingsCyn, Yosemite, Lassen and LavaBeds Nat Parks. Started USA4C at Blaine WA to SanYsidro, KeyWest and Madawaska. As I rode thru TX I did the 15Best Three Sisters south of Junction TX finishing in Kerrville TX. From Madawaska I did VT100 (now Kancamangus), Blue Ridge, Back and Tail of Dragon, Iron Mtn SD, Beartooth WY/MT, GlacierNP MT, Lolo Pass ID, Omak to Concrete WA, US50 NV, UT12, US550 CO, AZ191 then dropped down into El Paso to ride the TFC. After the TFC I finished the Parks and Missions and CA-1 on my way back home to SoCal.
With a little planning you can work it to get all the 15 done this calendar year. Which means you would qualify for the Triple Crown if you also complete the USA4C and Three Flags Classic. Reason being is that the Board of Directors have included the 15Best as an alternative to a Parks or Missions requirement for the Triple Crown beginning with 2015.
Good luck on your quest....it'll be a lot of fun !
Gonzo

ljoe
on: May 26, 2015, 05:41

[b][/b]The must see attraction would be the Madawaska Four Corners Park, Park dedicated to long distance motorcycling. http://www.madawaskafourcorners.org

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.