Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: WA to ME
coge01
Post WA to ME
on: March 19, 2015, 11:41

I plan to ride CA-WA-ME-FL in June/2015, any suggestions on a route between Blaine and Madawaska would be appreciated. My Garmin point to point takes me into Canada out of Michigan. I have a passport but unsure about travel conditions and time in Canada.

PapaG

gonzo
Administrator
Post Re: WA to ME
on: March 19, 2015, 12:47

The route thru CAN is actually the shorter route, but I like to do the full ride in the USA since it is the USA4Corners!
In WA get on I-90E,in Il transition to I-80 the back to 90 in PA (I think), then the interstate route (with some state roads) is 86, 81/88, 90, 87, 290-495 (MA), 95N, US-1 to Madawaska.

Best bet is to play with this on Google Maps. Good luck and have fun 🙂

rld346
on: March 19, 2015, 13:29

Last year we went the Madawaska - Blaine route thru Canada, mostly just to bypass the Chicago area. Roads were fine, people were great (even if some of them didn't speak English, only French), and gas was a little more pricey. Crossed into UP of Michigan, then over to I-94 to I-90. Traffic was a little hectic around Montreal at rush hour (bad planning....PPPP, as we would say in the Army), otherwise Canada presented no problems.

coge01
on: March 20, 2015, 09:40

Thanks for the thoughts, that's exactly the feedback I was looking for.

PapaG

jknorst
Administrator
on: March 20, 2015, 13:30

Avoid Chicago and I80/94.
Do one of the following;
1) Cut over into Canada at Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan (My choice)
2) Take the Lake Express Ferry out of Milwaukee and go into Canada at Sarnia, ON, CA (southern tip of Lake Huron)
3) take US 30 to stay south of Chicago to about Plymouth, IN then cut back up to I-80

Ride Safe and do some flower sniffin'

Jack

rld346 is correct about Montreal. I do believe they outsourced their Driver's ED and Licensing to Massachusetts. 🙂
There is a nice Italian restaurant in North Bay, ON, a short walk from the Super 8 motel. Great Escargot!

Cowboypvrm-
c
on: March 24, 2015, 08:36

I am going may 3rd and will stay in the us just for the purpose of staying in country

gonzo
Administrator
on: March 24, 2015, 10:27

That a way to go Cowboy.
Any particular goals?....like setting a new record and completing in 5 days??
Ride safe and have fun 🙂
Gonzo

Cowboypvrm-
c
on: March 24, 2015, 10:55

I am going to try to get some of the iron butt awards along the way. but basically I am going to ride till im hungry then eat when I get tired sleep. I dont have it planned but for the route.

gonzo
Administrator
on: March 24, 2015, 11:04

Good for you! That's pretty much the way I did it in 2012....took 18 days and along the way knocked out one of the Best 15 in Texas. I did WA-CA-FL-ME route.
In 2013 I didn't smell the roses much as I did a True X in 20 days. I really prefer to take the full allotted time and try to combine it with other rides and/or visits to friends.

loneranger
Beginner
on: March 30, 2015, 21:27

I am thinking about doing the 4 corners ride again for 2015. and combine it with the 3 flags ride like last year. My only sticking point at the moment is my Sgt had a stroke just after i got back from the ride last September and is still off duty.. Leaves my squad with no actual street supervisor until funding approval (hopefully by July 1st) Until then I have to do my Lts. job and hers.

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.