Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WA to ME
Cowboypvrm-
c
Post Re: WA to ME
on: March 31, 2015, 11:10

hope it all works out for you and your Sgt.

rld346
on: March 31, 2015, 21:11

Quote from loneranger on March 30, 2015, 21:27
I am thinking about doing the 4 corners ride again for 2015. and combine it with the 3 flags ride like last year. My only sticking point at the moment is my Sgt had a stroke just after i got back from the ride last September and is still off duty.. Leaves my squad with no actual street supervisor until funding approval (hopefully by July 1st) Until then I have to do my Lts. job and hers.

I'm doing the same thing this year....4 Corners first, then the 3FC. We will be starting early August at Key West, then Lebanon - Blaine - Lebanon - Madawaska - Lebanon - San Ysidro, ending up 2 Sept in time for the 3FC.

Hope all works out for your "SGT".

fjim
Beginner
on: April 4, 2015, 20:36

If you're heading east/west I-80 passes well south of Chicago. It's still urban, mostly industrial, Hammond, Gary, Michigan City, but I doubt you'll be delayed. I would try to time it for something other than the morning rush hours or between 3pm and 7pm but otherwise no-big-deal. Can't imagine why anybody would put Milwaukee into this trip. (hehehe, cough, cough, cough_)

The northern shore of Lake Superior is a beautiful trip but is really best between Duluth and Thunder Bay, maybe a little east of there. Up there the forest grows tall right up to the right-of-way so the "scenery" is pretty much limited to pine trees.

If you stick to the I-80 and rip east; Chicago, Cleveland, Buffalo, there are some real beautiful and fun roads in upstate NY and Vermont that are quite a treat. I don't get back that way too often on the motorbike so it seemed like the time to see the place while I was there. Saratoga Springs was fantastic, my only disappointment was I couldn't spend more time.

Canada is hard to avoid unless you're willing to ride the same road in and out of Madawaska. That is a long road from Bangor and what's the sense in seeing the same one twice when there are so many other options? So make your way from Rochester to Sherbrooke and Levis in Canada, you'll avoid Montreal, it's on the other side of the seaway, which is a pretty sight along the way up to Madawaska. Of the two, Bangor to Madawaska or Sberbrooke to Madawaska, the Canadian run is more scenic hands down. And you're going to see I-95 on your way south in any case.

The Canadians may talk a little funny but they are generally nice folks, it's fun to be there.

loneranger
Beginner
on: May 8, 2015, 05:42

Last year I left Maryland to Madawaska , then back tracked to key west Florida, then to Jacksonville Fl. ,,slept for about 24 hours.. then launched for san diego,, 45 hours later. then checked in at san ysidro then back tracked to to Arizona for 3 flags. then to blaine wash, then hot springs BC.. the 3 days back home to md. Did it this way just so I did NOT have not go anywhere near chicago. Plus that way i entered and exited Canada at same point so i could check my duty weapon at the border and pick it back up on way home.

ljoe
on: May 26, 2015, 05:45

A must see attraction would be the Madawaska Four Corners Park, Park dedicated to long distance motorcycling. http://www.madawaskafourcorners.org If you don't already have a walkway paver in this park, now would be the time to do so.

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.