Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 4 CT from Washington
eollila
Post 4 CT from Washington
on: June 8, 2015, 11:09

I am planning the tour starting from Washington, on to California, then Florida and then the end. This is my first time. Perhaps the Iron Butt 50 CC from California to Florida. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.
Thanks

12shoe
Beginner
Post Re: 4 CT from Washington
on: June 8, 2015, 12:02

Among other challenge rides, while enroute from CA to FL, you may consider also covering as many "Best 15 Roads" as possible. Then on your way back home from Maine, cover the remaining "Best 15 Roads". Then ride the 3FC and achieve a Triple Crown. Another road to consider: Heaven to Hell (Top of Mt Evans - highest paved road in US to Bad Water in Death Valley - lowest point in North America in 24 Hours - route must be more then 1,000 miles)

on: June 8, 2015, 15:01

Hello eollila, I started my 50cc in Coronado and completed it at Jacksonville Beach. Supervisor in a gas station signed my verification....and my IBA buddy met me there to also sign and verify. If you are doing the Best 15, you can complete the Three Sisters, south of Junction, on your way east. Try to plan you visit to Key west during a week day, heading to the Key very early in the morning before traffic build up, get your photo at the buoy and then boogie outta there before traffic heads north.

eollila
on: June 15, 2015, 10:57

Thanks. Great advise. Is there a good place to stay in Florida so you don't stay in Key West?

srpuywa
on: June 24, 2015, 11:47

when are you leaving ? we are going to Blaine and back home on Sat Jun 27 and starting out from Olympia on Sunday 28th to Reno and south

gonzo
Administrator
on: June 28, 2015, 19:28

Hello eollila, the post from "Guest" above was actually from Gonzo. For some reason the system did not recognize me as the member.
Unfortunately, I have no advice for a motel. I would suggest finding something on the mainland, heading to Key West by 5am, and back to the motel at the end of the day, or at least to the mainland for further riding north to another motel. It is a long day's ride down to KW ad back.
Gonzo

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.