Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Finished Four Corners
mallen5872
Post Finished Four Corners
on: May 26, 2016, 14:27

I left Key West 2 may 2016. Finished in Madawaska 18 May. Attending Rolling Thunder in DC this weekend, then home to mail in my stuff. What an incredible adventure this has been. If you are on the fence about trying it, jump off and ride! What a great country!

Marvin Allen
CPO/USN
AW/NAC, Retired

Tpaff
Post Re: Finished Four Corners
on: May 26, 2016, 14:34

congradulations on your finish. I start my journey tomorrow evening from Wisconsin to Maine to KW and then Ca and on to Washington. Looking foward to the ride.

gonzo
Administrator
on: May 27, 2016, 12:14

Congratulations Marvin, wonderful to hear of your success !!!

hildan
on: May 30, 2016, 15:38

Sharon and I finished may 24 in Key West. Got home today.

sandman
on: June 25, 2016, 07:42

I finished my first 4 corner tour on Saturday, June 18th. WOW, what a ride. I got back home in Utah on Wednesday. I had a rear tire blow out 150 miles from home. The AAA got me to Flaming Gorge HD in Green River, Wy. They had me back on the road in a couple hours. Their service writer got it covered by my extended warranty and only $50.00. That was the only hiccup in almost 12,000 miles. I would say that if you have electric clothing, long johns ect.. Include them in your gear as Washington and Maine can turn to winter in an instant. I highly recommend "Frog Togg" rain gear. Easy to get on and easy to get off, and keep you dry too. I almost forgot, on the 1st day I lost a saddle bag while riding on CA 99. A gentleman from Madera, Ca found it and returned the stuff that was in it, yesterday. There are some honest people in this world.that was actually the 1st hiccup. Watch the drivers in Eastern Fl. They make Ca. drivers look like they know what they are doing. 20 mph over the speed limit was nothing and when you are doing 5 over it makes it seem like you are sitting still. The West side of Fl. was a much more normal world. I tried both interstates and two lanes and the up and down of the speed limits through towns makes for a long day. I stuck to the interstates and had some big miles days. My GPS wanted me to go by way of Canada to get to Madaskwa. I shut the GPS off and got on US 2 in upstate NY and it was a long day across Maine. About 2 hours from Augusta the skies opened up not heavy just constant.I would recomend taking your passport or passport card as from upstate NY Madaskwa is only a 5 hour ride. I kept it all an all USA ride, maybe the next time. I would not recommend going into Key West on a weekend. It seems Miami goes there for the weekend, I guess they don't have enough beaches in Miami. It was Father's Day also, crazy couple of days. Now I am taking a few days to relax and then I am taking the bike apart and washing it stem to stern.

mt_harleyr-
ider
on: August 21, 2016, 19:36

July 18th my Dad & I left Sidney Mt heading East towards Maine. We took the Northern route through Canada and arrived in Madawaska at 4 corners park at 10:15 AM on the 21st. Traveling South towards Key West we rode Skyline drive through Shenandoah National Park, 105 miles with 75 view points. We also went to Appomattox National Historic Park where General Lee of the Southern army signed the surrender, ending the civil war. On July 25th at 10:15 we reached the Southern most point of the U.S. in Key West. When we left the monument we found a gas station for the gas receipt I needed. As we pulled into the station there were 2 motorcycles gassing up, as I stepped off my bike the lady passenger asked if we were riding the 4 corners. I said yes this is our 2nd corner, she stated they had just finished and we were the only other riders they had seen while on their ride of the 4 corners. I did not write their names down but they were from Georgia & Pennsylvania and had started in Maine. Dad and I continued on our way and stopped in Bradenton FL and stayed with friends for 2 nights. We serviced the bikes and enjoyed a day off. The next day took us 930 miles to Orange TX. On July 29th we arrived in Tucson and stayed the night with Paul Lax, homemade fried chicken, mashed potatoes & fresh salad for dinner, oh yeah and cold beer. Thanks Paul (see you in Tombstone). The next day we arrived in San Ysidro Ca, corner #3, then heading North we stopped at 3 missions before getting a room in Laguna Hills. July 31st, heading North we stopped at 12 more missions and got a room in Watsonville. The next day we stopped at the remaining 6 missions to complete the missions tour as well as rode down Lombard street and went to Fisherman's wharf in San Francisco. This day finished in Grants Pass OR spending the night with a cousin I haven't seen in 8 years. Our next day we arrived in Marysville Wa at Dallas' house around 3pm, I removed the rear wheel and took it in for a new tire while having dinner at the Mexican restaurant next door. August 3rd the 3 of us left Marysville headed to Blaine, we arrived at the Peace Arch Park around noon for the 4th and final corner. 17 total days on the road, 9354 miles since leaving Sidney Mt. What an awesome ride.

Tim (Cannonball) Wanamaker

mt_harleyr-
ider

Delete this please

mt_harleyr-
ider

Please delete

mt_harleyr-
ider

Please delete

Dennis134
usa four corners
on: August 22, 2016, 13:59

Awesome job. I also just finished my fourth corner, key west, today. It's kind of sad to be done, now the slow roll back to Arizona. What a great journey.

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.