Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: small bikes and non interstate routes
carolinage-
ezer
carolinageezer
Post small bikes and non interstate routes
on: August 13, 2016, 14:34

Hello gang. I'm a brand new (virgin) member. I'm looking forward to learning a lot about the Four Corners Ride from you veterans of the ride. I've done a fair amount of long distance riding in my 50 years and 27 bikes of riding but this ride is high on my yet to do bucket list.
Is there any information about how many folks have done this ride on small (under 300cc) bikes and/or people who have done the entire ride without ever getting on a toll road or interstate highway? I'm always looking for extra challenges that make the planning process even more fun.
I've enjoyed reading from you guys past experience and particularly the Southern California traffic and routes "around" the conjestion.
I look forward to reading about you guys and remember "Ride when you can, and when you can't....Gripe about it"

dfox
Administrator
Post Re: small bikes and non interstate routes
on: November 29, 2016, 08:25

As a long time SCMA member and 6 time finisher of the 4 Corners Tour the size of the motorcycle is of no consequence.
Although riding the back roads is a lot more fun it would take a lot longer to finish the tour. That being said it has been done by several riders who have an aversion to freeways. The main thing to watch is "TIME MANGEMENT". 4 Corners allows lots of time to finish the Tour (21 days) and still sight see along the way. So no matter what size machine come out and enjoy what this country has to offer.
Dannie Fox 2016, 4 Corners Chairman (805-889-5220)

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.008 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.