Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: First Four Corner Tour Update
crowgo
Post First Four Corner Tour Update
on: August 27, 2016, 23:00

🙁 Sad news. Started my first attempt at a FCT Friday Aug 5th from San Ysidro. Stopped in the Bay area for a couple of days to visit friends where I used to live and then proceeded up the coast 1/101 and what a treat. After moving to the Midwest 43 years ago I had forgotten the beauty. Somewhere West of Aberdeen, WA on 105 the bike took a hiccup that involved an ECM replacement in Burlington, WA after completing the Blaine corner. After riding Rt.20/155/174/2, spent the night in Spokane. The next day, Rt.2 to Kalispell and a return of the hiccups too numerous to remember. Glacier HD had a list of codes to fill a work order and the some plus an internal short in the water pump with none on hand. Fortunately for me the call to terminate the attempt was made easier when a 1-888-HAUL-BIKES semi pull in to drop off 3 BMW's for some guys flying in from TX to ride. I was able to make the arrangements to get my bike loaded and shipped home and I proceeded back to Illinois via alternate means. My bike is due home sometime next week (8/30) and that's when the fun will start. On another note, and after it's too late to do anything about it, a question arises. Would there have been anything to prevent a friend bringing one of my other bikes to me on a trailer, or, could I have ridden back to Kalispell on another bike and continued on? My spirits have not been dampened and plans are under way for a 2017 attempt albeit possibly on a BMW instead of one of my HD's. I apologize for the lengthiness of this post but I had to get it off my chest.

Ride safe, Ride often,
Dennis

srpuywa
Post Re: First Four Corner Tour Update
on: August 28, 2016, 18:55

that sucks. I plan on doing another next summer 2017 on my K16GT, Did it last year on my R12RT

look up ORF Four Corners Ride 2015 on FB , my buddy and I created a page so friends and family could follow us

on: August 28, 2016, 20:39

Perhaps y'all could team up ??

loneranger
Beginner
on: August 29, 2016, 10:53

I am planning on doing it again next year also, Did it in 2014 on my Honda CTX1300. Worst thing I ever did. That bike damn near crippled me but I finished the 4 corners ride along with 50 CC and the USA 3 FLAGS ride all at same time 11650 miles 17 days.

That is what I am HOPING to do this coming year I have a 2014 Triumph Trophy SE tremendously better ergonomics and over 300 miles per tank of gas VS about 180 on the honda

gonzo
Administrator
on: August 29, 2016, 11:15

Hey loneranger, be sure to look me up in Tombstone. I'm on a 2013 Trophy, and we have a rider from Victoria also on a Trophy.

whm1226
on: March 10, 2017, 10:17

Quote from srpuywa on August 28, 2016, 18:55
that sucks. I plan on doing another next summer 2017 on my K16GT, Did it last year on my R12RT

look up ORF Four Corners Ride 2015 on FB , my buddy and I created a page so friends and family could follow us

I was just reading this and saw your reference to FB. Check out travelpod.com as well. I used it last year on a trip through Colorado and Utah. It is free and you can post a blog of your trip that others can follow and comment. You can also get a book of the trip printed if you want that for a rememberence.

B

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.