Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All Finished!
TravelinBo-
b
Post All Finished!
on: October 12, 2016, 13:48

I completed the last road I needed to finish all 15 Roads! The last was certainly a challenging one......Durango to Montrose....Red Mountain Pass was 26 1/2 deg, and freezing rain. The scenery was spectacular and I even got to drive alongside the Durango and Silverton Train and take it's picture a few miles North of Durango.

I sent all of the required paperwork to Bob, and I hope to hear soon if I did everything needed to receive credit for the 15 Best Roads Ride. I also want to let everyone know that some of the roads I used to get to and from the listed roads were also just as scenic and fantastic as the actual listed ones.

I want to thank the SCMA for sponsoring and scoring this ride. I realize just how much work it is for the rally masters to keep everything on track and up to date! It is Greatly Appreciated!

Challenges like this are fantastic to get a rider like myself out and go to places he might not discover on his own. I have found out that no matter how many roads you have traveled, there is always a new road and new people to meet! On this tour I met people from several different countries, and had lots interesting conversations. I have been on a couple of these roads before, but discovered new things and people on the latest trip. If you are thinking about giving this one a try.....It is definitely worth the time and effort.

TravelinBob Prairie du Chien, WI

gonzo
Administrator
Post Re: All Finished!
on: October 14, 2016, 15:03

Hello Bob,
Reading your post brought back many memories of my first Best 15 Roads Challenge.
Your last paragraph was spot on with my experiences.....and why I decided to become an active participant in helping SCMA continue its operations.
Your excitement for the ride is a huge reward to us!!
Thanks for posting.....we hope to see you on more of our events 🙂
Gonzo

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.007 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.