Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Finished
crowgo
Post Finished
on: August 25, 2017, 11:06

🙂 For those wondering, the first FCT and second attempt is history, although, not without its own problems. It started as planned on August 8th, 2017 when my best friend's wife and I left San Ysidro, clockwise, and ended on August 24th, 2017 in Key West. Two memorable moments were created when we took a wrong turn in CT and ended up in NYC traffic on a Friday (like Friday is any different). It took us 5 hours to get out of town and into NJ. The second was actually the first. While sitting at the toll booth for the Mackinac Bridge in MI, we lost a water pump. What are the chances? For a second year, on the same month and the same trip, another water pump. That's what caused last year's failure. unlike last year, the decision was to finish up the FCT or burn it up. Obviously, it didn't burn up and 5267 miles later, after returning home the pump was replaced (Harley-Davidson hasn't heard about this yet). Most would consider the completion of the FCT to be the pinnacle of the Tour. Although memorable, the most memorable for me, was standing in Madawaska, in the Four Corners Park, looking at the names on the pavers. There is an aura of those who have preceded you on this adventure, that to me, is quite moving. Thank you SCMA for promoting such an adventure, that in the big picture, not many will experience. So much excitement, a True-X is in the planning. 😛

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.007 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.