Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 >> Last
Author Topic: The Latest Info...
lmichael
Post The Latest Info...
on: December 20, 2017, 07:07

Good Morning....all you Three Flags Classic riders, and those that are considering doing the Three Flags Classic for the first time.

Here is where you will get your Latest...up-to-date...info, as I receive it from the Big Dogs, the people that know, the men/Women in Charge.

As of right now, what "I" know is:

The 2018 Three Flags Classic ride will START in Puerto Penasco, Mexico, at the Playa Bonita Hotel. We will receive reservation info at a later date, that will help us with making reservations for this Start Hotel...the Playa Bonita Hotel.

The ride will end in Calgary, Alberta, Canada (yeah), and the Canadian version of the Big Dog (we will call him the Big Husky, or the Big Malamute), is working on the details of the Finish Hotel....as you are reading this.

Registration for this years ride will begin on January 27th, 2018, (in the wee hours of the morning) and before any of you complain about the delayed registration time...keep in mind that many years ago.......back in the dark ages.....we did not get "drawn" for the entry tickets until late January, early February. So a January registration is not a new thing, it is going old-skool.

Most of you will be receiving an E-Blast very soon from the biggest dog, Gonzo, and his fellow Board members, once more details have been finalized.

Stay tuned here...ask ANY questions you have..I will always do my best to bring you the latest info, answer all your questions, and help make this ride the best experience you have on a motorcycle in 2018.

lmichael
Post Re: The Latest Info...
on: January 3, 2018, 14:22

As of January 3rd, 2018...here is the latest news update:

Dannie Fox is Thee Man in charge of Thee Route this year, and I have been given a preview of his proposed route...start to finish.
Folks, it is a winner, and we are going to have fun !

Put on your smiley face right now...dang it. 😀

Without revealing too much, and talking out-of-school, I can tell you this....

I am the guy in charge of the Checkpoints this year, which means, they had better be done to perfection, or my butt is on the line. 😮

The Checkpoints will be in Gallup, NM.......Rawlins, WY.......and Great Falls, MT.

I have already secured the pin-point location for the Checkpoint in Great Falls, MT, which will be inside the store at Big Sky Harley, 4258 10Th Avenue South, Great Falls, MT 59405.

The owner of that dealership has even offered to have someone working his Service Dept. on Sunday, Sept. 2nd, in case an "emergency" comes through.

PLEASE...respect the fact that this dealership is offering to handle "emergencies"...and do NOT ask them for an oil change or a 10k service. This is on a SUNDAY, and they would normally be closed, but he offered to have one employee working the Service Dept....so that WE are taken care of for an "emergency".

As I line up the remaining two Checkpoints, in Gallup and in Rawlins, I will keep you informed here.

And yes....Lyle and Jerry and Roger...I do already know the Checkpoint Opening and Closing times for all three Checkpoints. It may cost you a piece of Boston Cream Pie to get that out of me.

Or, maybe not..... 😛

bmark
on: January 4, 2018, 15:36

Thanks for these checkpoints Miles! This gives me something to do other than fret over the terrible 40F January weather I'm having to deal with here in Houston... 😉

Cheers,

Mark

BrianNorri-
e
Advanced
on: January 11, 2018, 15:46

I assume we have to get into and out of Puerto Penasco before the crazy September long weekend traffic arrives?

lmichael
on: January 11, 2018, 16:21

Brian, and all those interested in riding the 2018 Three Flags Classic.....

The riders for this years' Three Flags Classic will be entering Mexico at the Lukeville, AZ border crossing, most likely on Wednesday, August 29th, and Thursday, August 30th....on their way down to Puerto Penasco, Mexico, for the check-in at the Start Hotel. These same riders will be exiting Mexico via the same border crossing, on Friday morning, August 31st, when the border OPENS at 6:00 am on that same Friday morning.

Most of the traffic from the "crazy September long weekend" vacationers will be arriving into Mexico via that same border crossing during Friday and Saturday.......most likely LONG after the riders have already ridden North.

There is only a small chance that the TFC riders will encounter the southbound car/RV traffic that is coming INTO Mexico.

mt_harleyr-
ider
on: January 18, 2018, 13:03

Glad to see an update with the important & useful information. Unfortunately my daughter has decided to get married in late August. She knows of the great rides I've had with this group. With this being said I'm looking for a stand-in for my replacement at the wedding. All kidding aside I hope to make this years ride. Hope to see everyone in Puerto Penasco.

Tim (Cannonball) Wanamaker

lmichael
on: January 19, 2018, 17:49

Cannonball Wanamaker, if there is any chance that you do NOT make it down to Mexico, the 3rd Checkpoint will be in Great Falls, MT....at Big Sky H-D.

Let's talk.

jabkam
Advanced
on: January 25, 2018, 06:56

Any word if registration is still a go for 00:01 saturday morning?

lmichael
on: January 25, 2018, 10:22

yes ! 😀

Edit: It is now less than 26 hours until Registration Time.

Is everyone excited ? Are you ready ? 😀 😀 😀

vickibisca-
y
on: January 26, 2018, 08:27

The only registration link I see is for last year's ride. What is the current link for this years ride?

Vicki Biscay

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 >> Last
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.01 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.