Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 >> Last
Author Topic: The Latest Info...
asteve
Post Re: The Latest Info...
on: January 27, 2018, 06:58

Trying to register after signing in as member but nothing happening at 0645 hrs. I guess the site is being over run thus causing the slow down??

asteve
on: January 27, 2018, 07:01

ALSO, how do I get rid of that "Newbie" handle and change it for something befitting a longtime rider of this event?

lmichael
on: January 27, 2018, 07:31

Steve, unfortunately, you are not the only one that has not been able to get the registration process to work today. I can see that there have been 19 more riders that were processed as of midnight last night/this morning. But like you...I have not been able to get registered either. I know one of my friends "has" been able to get registered, he confirmed that to me. 😮

I am hopeful that there is just a glitch in the software or server that can easily be fixed, so that everyone can register, without having to try it 100 times. I finally went to bed at 12:10 this morning, rather frustrated, and tried again this morning, to no avail. 😕

It will get fixed.....in time.....just frustrating to those of us that are enthusiastic enough to want to register as soon as possible, and can't. 😉

As for the "newbie" handle, that is something that is changed when you hit a certain number of "posts" on the forum. 😛

lmichael
on: January 27, 2018, 07:42

Quote from bmark on January 27, 2018, 06:41
The 3FC18 Start/Finish Hotels document states the start will be at BOTH PBH and BW-LMH. I'm from Texas and a little slow... Would you please confirm there will be boxes for collecting the Start Slips in both hotel lobbies please?
Thanks in advance!
Mark

Mark, the Start Cards will ONLY be collected in the lobby of the PBH...Playa Bonita Hotel...on Friday morning, between the hours of 4:30 am and 7:00 am.

The Start Cards will NOT be collected by anyone in the lobby of the Best Western hotel.

These hotels are a 4 minute walk in separation. Given that the PBH, the Playa Bonita Hotel is the official Start Hotel, yet it does not have enough rooms to fully accommodate all the riders, they have reached out to the hotel (almost) next door...4 minute walk away...to offer more rooms for the riders.

This is NOT something new. Many times there have been riders that for one reason or another have stayed in motels/hotels that were NOT the official Start or Finish Hotels, either due to rates, rooms available, or for various other reasons, and those riders have had to make their way to the official Start Hotel to drop off their Start Cards.

It is also a way for all riders to say HOWDY on the morning of the big ride, grab a cup of whatever, shake three or four hands, but no more than that, and drop off their Start Cards in the appropriate box.

lmichael
on: January 27, 2018, 08:12

News Flash Update:

As of 0752 hour this morning, I was able to get the registration process completed. No changes on my end, so.....to all those out there that are having problems getting registered, just keep trying, and eventually it will work. 😀

ajerome
Advanced
on: January 27, 2018, 09:00

It must have been a restless sleep for you Miles. Not being able to get registered and feeling that you really need to be 1️⃣. 🤪

Calgary
'Keep the shiny side up!'

lmichael
on: January 27, 2018, 09:24

Quote from ajerome on January 27, 2018, 09:00
It must have been a restless sleep for you Miles. Not being able to get registered and feeling that you really need to be 1️⃣. 🤪

Ha...shut yer face...Jerry 😛

We all know that Max...Mad Max...Marker is rider # 1 for this year's ride.

Two years ago it was Tim "Cannonball" Wanamaker that was rider # 1
And last year it was Miles "Lightning" LaDue that was rider # 1,
so fittingly, this year it will be Max "MadMax" Marker that is rider # 1.

It will never be...Jerry "does this trike make my ass look big" Aschenbrenner being the # 1 rider. 😀

BrianNorri-
e
Advanced
on: January 27, 2018, 10:09

Never easy booking a room in Mexico, gave up and just booked on their website. OK now let’s see the route🏍🧐

lmichael
on: January 27, 2018, 10:38

Brian, did you call the posted phone # ??? I found that to be a lot easier, especially if you speak with Juan Martinez. 😎

bsmith
Advanced
on: January 27, 2018, 11:34

Ok
I am registered for 2018 3 Flags
I have reservations at Playa Bonita Hotel, see you on Aug 29th.
I have reservations at Deerfoot Inn.
All was fairly painless.
And above all, I am happy that Miles isn't # 1 in either Rider number or in registering.

Happy, even if it has snowed 3 inches since 7 am this morning, and it is still coming down.

Happy Miles, I tell you, happy!

See you in late August.

And Cannonball, it sounds like you almost have your priorities correct, but they still need a little work.
3 Flags

Oh, and Miles, Rider Number please?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 >> Last
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.