Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2018 Gold Wings
BrianNorri-
e
Advanced
Post 2018 Gold Wings
on: February 16, 2018, 09:02

Wondering if anyone has purchased a new Gold Wing and if they have any feedback on the bike. How many will show up for the TFC?

lmichael
Post Re: 2018 Gold Wings
on: February 17, 2018, 18:50

Brian, there will be 7 of the new 2018 Goldwings present at this years' ride.

(reminder.....this is not a race) 😎

The new Higher-Performance.....4 valve per cylinder, lighter weight Goldwing is now speed limited to 105 mph. The speed limiter kicks in at 105, and the bike can stumble up to 112 mph...and that is it. 🙁

Expect all these new 2018 Goldwing 1800's to be last at every Checkpoint. 😛

(and yes, that was a joke, or tease, or ribbing.........as we all know WE do not care who is 1st or last at the Checkpoints) 😀

BrianNorri-
e
Advanced
on: February 20, 2018, 17:53

Miles you've changed over the last couple years:-) Let us know when it becomes a race and i'll buy a Kawasaki Ninja H2 Carbon. Saw one the other day and WOW! Old life i left behind though....i enjoy the scenery now 🙂

wthom
on: March 26, 2018, 05:47

Make it 8!
Really like it...
Getting excited for the 2018 run.
I know it to early, but it is what it is.

lmichael
on: May 5, 2018, 13:10

Just to tickle the ivories, and stir up some interesting reading........one of our more elder riders is having one of his bikes (on subject, because it is an OLD Goldwing).......the bike is being fully rebuilt mechanically. This bike, in its' heyday, was a customized show bike, but was also ridden a LOT.
The bike was transported from its' home in Nevada to a specialized shop up on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington state. 😎

To show you the quality of an OLD Honda Goldwing, this bike has sat for the past 32 years....the engine not turned over at all for 32 years.....
and as of today, the compression reading on this OLD Honda Goldwing is...190....190...190...170. 😀

That is pretty darn good....nay....it is GREAT for a motorcycle engine that has not been turned over for the past 32 years. 😀

Now, I have taken a secret poll, and found that 31.4159 % of us at last years' Three Flags Classic finishers banquet were tired of Don (from B.C.) always winning the older bike award with one of his 1983 Goldwing 1100 bikes. He has two of them, and somehow finds a way to slip one into the Three Flags Classic every year, and win that darn OLDE bike award. 😮

Well....surprise Don, from B.C., someone else is going to show up with a Goldwing older than yours this year. 😛

If all goes as planned, this will be this riders 28th time riding the Three Flags Classic, and it will be done on the oldest bike at the event. 😀

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.01 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.