Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Muir Woods Visitor Center Parking
mikakw1
Administrator
Post Muir Woods Visitor Center Parking
on: February 23, 2018, 20:58

Effective January, 2018, parking reservations are required at Muir Woods. Yes, that includes us, even though we would be running inside just to stamp the passport book. That's what I told the parking lot attendants today and they wouldn't budge or allow me in the parking lot without a reservation. I explained that I would be a few seconds and that the motorcycle parking probably wasn't full. He said I needed a parking reservation even for a motorcycle. He recommended I ride to the top of the hill, as there is no cell service down below. I did that and the earliest I could get was 2:30pm (it was 10:45 when I tried). I had many other parks and missions to ride to today, so I will stop next time after completing the north parks, and I will have a reservation. The price is $8 for parking and there are no discounts with the annual parks pass. Note to self, always check the park website before venturing out on the ride (duh!!).

Mike

jmromanco
Post Re: Muir Woods Visitor Center Parking
on: March 7, 2018, 21:29

Thanks for the heads up. I'm planning to ride from Colorado later this year to visit this and the other parks. You probably saved me several hours, if not a day, and certainly a lot of frustration!

Another Mike

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.