Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 >> Last
Author Topic: 2019 Three Flags Classic
lmichael
Post 2019 Three Flags Classic
on: September 13, 2018, 22:22

Is anyone out there in the land of Munchkins, Minions, and Troglodytes interested in knowing where the 2019 Three Flags Classic ride is going to Start...and Finish? 😮

Miles
AMA - IBA Certified Two Million Miles Rider

mikakw1
Administrator
Post Re: 2019 Three Flags Classic
on: September 14, 2018, 04:10

Although I forgot my hearing aids, I did hear Gonzo announce at the banquet the tentative start location in Mexicali and a finish in Kelowna. However, as I previously stated, I did not bring my hearing aids, so Gonzo could have said we start in San Felipe, San Luis Rio Colorado, or Tecate.

If it is Mexicali, it is an easy border crossing. We crossed into Mexico for this year's ride at Calexico/Mexicali and I thought it was easier than Lukeville.

Wherever it starts and finshes, I know we will have a good ride.

fron
on: September 15, 2018, 10:24

Tecate....mmmm....beer

asteve
on: September 15, 2018, 15:36

I heard Gonzo say that the start was to be in TJ and end in Kelowna.

lmichael
on: September 15, 2018, 23:06

Quote from asteve on September 15, 2018, 15:36
I heard Gonzo say that the start was to be in TJ and end in Kelowna.

Come On, Man....do you believe everything that Gonzo says ? 😀

Maybe he was trying to mislead you ! 😮

I will tell ya'all that there is a 100 % chance the 3FC19 will Finish in Vernon, B.C.
But that means there is a 0 % chance that it may Finish in a different location.

And, given that the 3FC has Started in Tijuana at least 15 times over the past 43 years, what are the chances that they would make that mistake again?

I will also tell....ya'all...that the final decisions have not been made, and individual investigators are scouring the border regions (aka....nether regions)....looking for that perfect spot to Start the 3FC19.

My money would be that the Start for next year should be in......... 😎

San Luis Rio Colorado, Mexico.

That is 19 miles from Yuma, and EASY border crossing, the Start hotel would "most likely" be the Hotel Araiza San Luis, which is less than 2 miles from the border crossing.

And, for those riders that need someone to hold your hand and tell you an exact Turn-by-Turn directions of how to get from Mexico to Canada.....here they are already:

Cross the border from Mexico into the USA, at San Luis Rio Colorado, Mexico.....as you enter the USA you will be on US Hwy 95.

Take that same road...US Hwy 95....due NORTH...all the way to Canada.

Now, how simple was that ? One road, all the way from Mexico to Canada.

It is basically a Two-Laned Hwy all the way from Mexico to Canada, with only one small section that also uses Interstate 80 in Nevada to get up the road for a few miles, then gets back off Interstate 80, and back onto Two-Laned Hwy.

So, all you 3FC19 hopefuls...look up San Luis Rio Colorado, Mexico on the map...and Google.... Hotel Araiza San Luis.

Peace Out, to all my fellow riding Minions

Miles

TNT99
on: September 17, 2018, 11:32

Heard Gonzo, State End in Kelowna. Which is perfect as the weather is fantastic. As an avid Canadian the ride can begin anywhere in Mexico!. Great 2018 Route this year! Looking forward to 2019's route>

lmichael
on: September 17, 2018, 13:38

Once again, some yahoo that "believed" Gonzo. 😮

Okay....in this case...Gonzo is correct.
(again, 93.14159 % chance the ride ends in Kelowna) 😀

I mean, hey.....he is the Man In Charge, and I am just here to spread rumors, gossip, and cause havoc.....eh. 😎

Oh, and the entertainment value.....eh. 😛

Miles

Montauk
on: September 17, 2018, 20:49

Thanks! The lightening strike survivor 🙂

PaulALax
Beginner
on: November 11, 2018, 09:10

Hummm ...
Seems awfully quiet on this forum. I like Miles' suggestion: Start south of Yuma and take U.S. 95 all the way.

jabkam
Beginner
on: November 18, 2018, 18:50

As us northerners had Thanksgiving weeks ago with the next big event being registration for the 2019 TFC is there any word when registration will open?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 >> Last
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.