Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 >> Last
Author Topic: 2019 Three Flags Classic
mikakw1
Administrator
Post Re: 2019 Three Flags Classic
on: September 14, 2018, 04:10

Although I forgot my hearing aids, I did hear Gonzo announce at the banquet the tentative start location in Mexicali and a finish in Kelowna. However, as I previously stated, I did not bring my hearing aids, so Gonzo could have said we start in San Felipe, San Luis Rio Colorado, or Tecate.

If it is Mexicali, it is an easy border crossing. We crossed into Mexico for this year's ride at Calexico/Mexicali and I thought it was easier than Lukeville.

Wherever it starts and finshes, I know we will have a good ride.

fron
Beginner
on: September 15, 2018, 10:24

Tecate....mmmm....beer

asteve
on: September 15, 2018, 15:36

I heard Gonzo say that the start was to be in TJ and end in Kelowna.

TNT99
on: September 17, 2018, 11:32

Heard Gonzo, State End in Kelowna. Which is perfect as the weather is fantastic. As an avid Canadian the ride can begin anywhere in Mexico!. Great 2018 Route this year! Looking forward to 2019's route>

Montauk
on: September 17, 2018, 20:49

Thanks! The lightening strike survivor 🙂

PaulALax
Beginner
on: November 11, 2018, 09:10

Hummm ...
Seems awfully quiet on this forum. I like Miles' suggestion: Start south of Yuma and take U.S. 95 all the way.

jabkam
Advanced
on: November 18, 2018, 18:50

As us northerners had Thanksgiving weeks ago with the next big event being registration for the 2019 TFC is there any word when registration will open?

bsmith
Advanced
on: December 19, 2018, 15:29

Sooooo, If there really is a Santa Claus, Wouldn't we, all having been extremely good this past year, Miles can verify this, be able to access ticket sales at 12:01 am on December 25th?

Or at least I have.
Miles hasn't even had to ask me to delete anything I've posted this year.

Merry Christmas to all
Bob

jabkam
Advanced
on: December 21, 2018, 05:23

Thanks for the info Miles, great Christmas present. Do I hear a 93/95 theme? Looking forward to more info when its available.

lmichael
on: December 21, 2018, 22:02

Gonzo asked me to post this for most of you to read. For those that cannot read, a person will be along in a moment to interpret this for you. 😛

Hello everyone,
Last week your board of directors approved the cities selected for 3FC19's Start and Finish. Hotels are targeted but negotiations have not been completed.

Registration for 3FC19 will open at Midnight, 18 January 2019.
(2400 Pacific time / 0300 19Jan Eastern Time)

The theme for 2019's 3FC is to keep it simple, along the lines of the early years.

The START will be in the small town of San Luis Rio Colorado, located approximately 25 miles from Yuma AZ. This is smack-dab in the Hot Sonoran Desert!!

The FINISH will be in Vernon BC, approximately 125 miles from the USA border. Smack-dab amongst cool lakes and mountains!

Start and Finish locations could be subject to change depending on economic, political, and/or other factors that could impact our having a successful 3FC !! (ie, it got changed by a few miles from locations announcement at the 3FC18 Banquet)

Both locations have hotels to accommodate the size of our riding group, but not a single hotel that can accommodate all riders.
Mexican Dinner and Finish Banquet will be in a hotel that can accommodate all of us, but we will be dispersed to one or more nearby hotels for bedding down.

Information on the route will be forthcoming once Steve Andrus completes his arrangements.

I look forward to seeing y'all in San Luis for the start of 3FC19 !!
Ride Safe.....Ride Long,
Gonzo

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 >> Last
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.04 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.