Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 >> Last
Author Topic: 2019 Three Flags Classic
Casper
Post Re: 2019 Three Flags Classic
on: December 22, 2018, 19:16

Does anyone know the start and end dates? I can always use more information.

Casper
on: December 23, 2018, 14:50

Thank you very much. I hope this information helps everyone plan their own trip. See you there Miles.

Big_Tom
on: December 23, 2018, 17:04

Start time between 0300 and 0500? I better get a new battery for my alarm clock.... LOL

lmichael
on: December 24, 2018, 08:15

Big Tom, that START times of 3:00 am to 5:00 am is tentative. 😉

Need to wait for the head honcho decision makers to finalize the official START times, and when they do, I will post it here immediately.

Given that San Luis Rio Colorado is right at the Border, and it is a 24/7 crossing.....the idea is to Beat-The-Heat of that area, and get on-the-road when it is slightly cooler, and head north.

A 3 am to 5 am Start also helps avoid the busier traffic times at the border, which would be 5:30 am to 8:30 am. That is when "workers" would be crossing the border...to and fro.

I already know all the Open and Closing times for each of the Checkpoints, and the Finish....but those times are all based on the 3:00 am to 5:00 am Start in San Luis Rio Colorado.

Which means, if the head honcho decision makers choose a different Start time....I will need to adjust the Opening time at CP # 1....
in Tonopah, Ne-Va-Duh 😛 😮 😀 😎

lmichael
on: December 31, 2018, 16:27

New years Eve.....and I have an announcement. 😉

I will be stepping down as the Checkpoint Director for the 2019 Three Flags Classic ride. 🙁

Given my current health situation, the required demands of that position, riding the route a couple times, locating Checkpoints, finding hotels or dealerships that will allow us to have a Checkpoint there, and staffing each Checkpoint, is more work that I am able to take on for next years' ride. 🙁 🙁

I would ask.......if any of you 3FC veterans have ever had an inkling of volunteering for this kind of position, now is the time to step up. I can offer all my insight, and advice of what worked for me, and how things can be improved....yet....make this position your own.

I have identified three potential locations for Checkpoints for the 2019 ride:

Tonopah, Nevada
Mountain Home, Idaho
Sandpoint, Idaho

If those work for the next Checkpoint Director, there ya' go.....3 locations already picked.

Or make your own decisions as to where YOU want the Checkpoint location to be.

And if you are looking for someone to staff the location in Sandpoint, Idaho,
I would be happy to work that Checkpoint for you. 😎

So.....someone PLEASE step-up, volunteer for this position of Checkpoint Director.....and

Have a Warm and Safe New Years

bsmith
Advanced
on: January 1, 2019, 14:31

Happy New year to most of you, and Oh heck, all of you, even Miles.
Thank you Miles for the untold hours you put in on the Checkpoints both last year and this.
Last year showed, as this one would have, too, I know.
And may yet, depending on the new Checkpoint Captain

Miles, may your health only improve,.
You are missed out there, and I will be looking for you at, probably the Northern most Checkpoint.
Bob

BrianNorri-
e
Advanced
on: January 1, 2019, 19:15

I must have missed an eblast as last I read it was to end in Vernon, BC.

Best of luck with your health Miles!

Happy New Year to you all.

lmichael
on: January 1, 2019, 22:07

Brian, and ALL....the Finish location for the 2019 ride is in fact...VERNON, B.C.

It is NOT in Nelson, B.C., as was falsely reported by someone else, and has now been deleted.

And Bob Smith, thank you, and Brian Norrie for the well wishes, however, my health is not going to improve. It will only get worse.

The rest of you, go out there and ride. Enjoy life, ride as much as you can.

BrianNorri-
e
Advanced
on: January 2, 2019, 06:36

OK that’s much better! I like Vernon because I will be able to sleep in my own bed in Sicamous. 😀

GREAT advice Miles, live every damn day!

lmichael
on: January 13, 2019, 17:56

As of Sunday, January 13th, 2019......we have TWO new Checkpoint Directors, and....(gulp)....they both ride Harleys.

Paul Lax and Tim Wanamaker will be working together to do all the planning, and execution of the Checkpoints for this years' ride.

If you are lucky, you all may see ME at the northernmost Checkpoint, especially if it is in Sandpoint, Idaho. I will probably be working that Checkpoint.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 >> Last
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.04 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.