Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 13 14 15 [16] 17
Author Topic: 2019 Three Flags Classic
jknorst
Administrator
Post Re: 2019 Three Flags Classic
on: August 9, 2019, 13:43

According to Google and Garmin BaseCamp there is a Chevron just south of the bridge.

Destiny
on: August 16, 2019, 18:34

So is it the Prestige Lodge ? I'm confused

jmjudd99
on: August 17, 2019, 08:11

Destiny,
Here is the hotel and address.
Prestige Vernon Lodge and Conference Centre
3914 32 St, Vernon, BC V1T 5P1, Canada
+1 250-545-3385
https://maps.app.goo.gl/RDeW48J5F8z6J8e67

I can confirm that this is correct, as this address was taken directly from the last entry on the turn by turn directions provided in an eblast. Hope this helps.
Regards
Justin

jabkam
Advanced
on: August 18, 2019, 15:26

Is the longest no fuel stretch on the published route from Elko to Owyhee Nv, approx 100 mles? Need the room if I don't need extra fuel.

Many thanks PaulALAX, will fill in Elko and no worries

PaulALax
Beginner
on: August 21, 2019, 04:09

jabkam,
Yes, the stretch from Elko to the next gas, as the Nevada-Idaho border is the longest stretch on the route. I by-passed gas in Elko and my 6 gallon tank was pretty close to dry when I reached the next gas.
If you fill up in Elko you should be ok.

bsmith
Advanced
on: August 23, 2019, 11:38

Afternoon
Sure quiet on here, everyone packing, or have you left for the start yet?
I'm packing, for the 13th or 17 th time, just for something to occupy my mind.
This will be my 23rd, and I'm still betting I won't get much sleep tonite and none on the 29th.
Each time I go thru the packed stuff, I either remove something, with the thought of, why did I pack that?
Or
I'd better put that back in, how did I ever think I could get by without it?

Bottom Line as it pertains to packing is, if MacDonalds or Walmart don't sell it, I don't need it!
All the real necessary stuff, i.e., rain gear, electric vest, Riding jacket , multipul pairs of gloves, etc, is always either in the Scoot, or on me, so no worries there.

We're leaving' Kamloops tomorrow morning, for a Scenic. leisurely ride south, over many roads first ridden on previous 3 Flags.
Bring a First Timer with me!
My Daughter!

Gonzo, I'll see you at the start, about Wayne's Start package.

Miles are you going to be at the Wallace Idaho, checkpoint?
If so what times?

Ride safely every one,
Bob

tgary
on: August 24, 2019, 18:41

With all the e-blasts....I see no information on the road conditions for Mexico this year.....specifically....Speed Bumps!

Puerto Penasco was an Eye Opener for this......1. At the Border Crossing... & 2. In front of the Hotels.

Are they a "standard" in Mexico or just Sonora State and Puerto Penasco?

lmichael
on: August 24, 2019, 21:23

Gary, excellent question, and those of us that were at Puerto Penasco will never forget those &%^*$% speed bumps, especially the ones in the front entrance of the hotel.

As far as I can SEE, there are no speed bumps you have to worry about in San Luis Rio Colorado.

I believe the "path" is clear.

mikakw1
Administrator
on: August 26, 2019, 05:29

The "Topes" crossing into Mexico at Lukeville were tough. I scraped my belly pan near the hotel in 2017 on the bumps. Last year, while riding to Puerto Penasco for the start, I crossed at Calexico/Mexicali and it was a breeze. Nothing like the "Topes" at Lukeville. This year, riding down from Yuma and crossing at San Luis. Not sure what the "Topes" will be like at the crossing, but it can't be worse than Lukeville and fortunately, it is only a few feet.

I had a pleasant ride through SLRC last year and did not see or come across any speed bumps. Remember that this is a border town and there will be much more vehicle and pedestrian traffic than the crossing at Lukeville and the ride to Puerto Penasco. As I recall, I think most of the signals also had stop signs. If the light is green, you do not need to stop at the stop sign when they are posted at a signal. That's my two cents or .40 pesos.

lmichael
on: August 27, 2019, 09:20

I can verify that other than the topes at the actual border crossing station, the rest of the surface roads all the way to the Araiza Hotel are clear of any speed bumps.

4 riders at the Araiza Hotel already, and no complaints.

But, the topes at the border crossing station....be aware, and smart about tire placement.

Pages: First << 13 14 15 [16] 17
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.024 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.