Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 >> Last
Author Topic: 2019 Three Flags Classic
fron
Beginner
Post Re: 2019 Three Flags Classic
on: January 19, 2019, 08:45

Wife and I entered this AM...
some tips/help on signing up ( as of 1/19 AM)
1) even though my browser ( Firefox) said I was signed in to the SCMA site...I had to sign in again ( to the SCMA site) once in the entry form ( this may be my fault as I never "sign out" of the SCMA site...Suggest you sign out and then sign in before you start the entry process) ...if the form seems to "stall" ...scroll up as the error message is farther "up" the form.
2) If registering as a rider: a) need your AMA membership number AND; b) SCMA member number to complete the form...might have them handy BEFORE you start the sign up process.
3) If registering as a passenger (you can't do it at the same time as a rider...read the instructions!) the "+ details" link has the same info regardless of the rider's choice on the entry form.

all other transactions worked well....

I have sent an email to Gonzo noting these small "hurdles"

see ya on the road....ride smart , ride safe
Ron

BrianNorri-
e
Advanced
on: January 20, 2019, 14:35

Ron does your wife have her own separate SCMA membership number? My wife wants to be my passenger this year. I'll register after i get her membership in order.

fron
Beginner
on: January 21, 2019, 18:16

Yes, Brian ...the passenger must become a member of the SCMA in order to enter the ride

lmichael
on: January 28, 2019, 07:39

As an Update to Registrations:

In the first 8 days of Registrations for the 2019 Three Flags Classic,
we have had a total of 80 people register. 😀

That equates to 10 people per day. 😉

On that basis, if we continue to get 10 people per day to register, we should end up with somewhere between 1,920 to 1,950 registered riders and passengers, if we cut off registrations at the end of July. 😛

Now, granted.....that would be more riders and passengers that we have had collectively over the past 5 years, combined, but hey.......we have been asking for more people to register, so maybe this is coming back to haunt us. 😮

Realistically (I am forced to include this, as the "main man in charge" likes some sense of reality in my posts) the number we are looking for this year is 250 registered riders/passengers. 😎

If you know of anyone on the fence about riding the Three Flags Classic this year, for Pete's Sake, help that person down off the fence, and hold their hand while they go through the registration process. 😀

3FC19 Registration

LarryH
on: February 8, 2019, 22:11

Any tips re hotels along the route? I rode in 2000, but don't remember what arrangements had to be made for lodging enroute.
Thanks,
Larry

jabkam
Advanced
on: February 9, 2019, 05:05

Still waiting for start and finish hotels to be announced, we are responsible for booking at these, then choosing and booking hotels along route. You can choose whatever along route depending on how far you want to go and I guess you don't HAVE to stay at start and finish but usually special rates are arranged and benefits in doing so, being with everybody else, close to events/checkin/departure/etc. Welcome back

lmichael
on: February 9, 2019, 08:15

LarryH, as was briefly pointed out by jabkam......the places you stay at ALONG the Route, are up to you. 😎

The exact locations of the Checkpoints have not been announced yet, although they have a pretty darn good idea of what towns the Checkpoints will be located in.....there is still discussion, and agreements to be made with either businesses or hotels at the Checkpoint towns, so....when those have been finalized, they will announce exactly where the Checkpoints will be, and then YOU can decide if you want to spend the night at a Checkpoint location, or somewhere else along the route. 😉

As for the Start and Finish hotels......this year the locations that have been chosen as the "official" Start and Finish hotels, are not large enough in rooms available at either location, for ALL the TFC riders to stay at the "official" Start or Finish hotels. Meaning, we need additional rooms at both the Start, and the Finish locations, so....they powers-that-be are working on getting blocks of rooms at hotels that are very close to, but also up to the same standards, as the "official" Start and Finish hotels. 😀

Yes, you are right....all that info "should have been announced" months ago. But keep in mind we are relying upon volunteer workers that live where the Sun fries their brains most of the year. So we cannot expect them to be as frenzied in their work proficiency as those that live in colder climates, and have nothing better to do..... when there is a foot of snow on the ground. 😮

Patience...Grasshopper. 🙂

BrianNorri-
e
Advanced
on: February 9, 2019, 10:32

Last year there were 119 American riders and 91 Canadian riders which was pretty impressive on the Canadian side. This year I think us Canucks should work even harder to beat the number of American riders. On that note, I haven’t registered yet BUT will once I have some more information on the (English speaking) start hotel.

showard
on: February 14, 2019, 04:52

This forum is really quiet. Any updates or new information?

Howard
USAF Retired

lmichael
on: February 14, 2019, 07:39

Howard, the short answer is...NO. 🙁

The slightly longer answer is.....in recent years many of the decision making has been made well into the new year, decisions made by large groups of opinions, rather than a smaller group of a committee. 😐

In the olde days, many of these things were decided upon BEFORE the Finish Banquet at the ride we would have just finished. By announcing the official Start and Finish locations, as well as hotel info...at the Finish Banquet, it would build a swell of excitement among the riders, and get people to send in their entry registration as quickly as possible. 😀

In these modern times (ugh) when things are supposed to be done faster, more high-tech, more polished and refined...it appears we have slipped back into the Stone Age when it comes to supplying into to the Three Flags Classic riders. 😕

THAT course of action....loses momentum of the riders wanting to register for the next years' ride.
It loses ridership numbers, which eventually leads to a ride being closed down, due to lack of interest. 🙁 😕 😡

I say...REVOLT....contact your local Senators and Congressional Rep...and demand that you want information on the 2019 Three Flags Classic...NOW. 😛 😮 😀

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 >> Last
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.031 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.