Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Author Topic: 2019 Three Flags Classic
PaulALax
Beginner
Post Re: 2019 Three Flags Classic
on: March 9, 2019, 07:30

"When you don't know where you're going, you can't get lost."
My new second favorite quote.

Steve Andrus was provided me with the current route info and the plan is to pre-ride and explore checkpoint possibilities this month. Steve had some ideas about alternate roads and I'll check those out as well. Unfortunately, I have been informed that the checkpoints cannot be in taverns. As a long-time Harley rider I thought that would be a natural.
I love being semi-retired.

BrianNorri-
e
Advanced
on: March 10, 2019, 14:48

I seem to recall having to fill out a questionnaire at the end of most of the rides, so that is already being done. I think most riders are too beat to really put much thought into the questionnaire right after the wrap up banquet. I know I am.

If I was King I would be trying to get the check points at motorcycle dealers or hotels, both may see more financial benefit from us passing through town. We really are a lot of money rolling through town.

asteve
on: March 11, 2019, 20:47

Great idea but sometimes the town is too small to support a bike shop much less our thundering herd and then there is the town that does have multiple hotels but during that weekend has a hot air balloon festival of all this and everything is booked as it was in Alturas CA years ago ( who knew?)

bsmith
Advanced
on: March 12, 2019, 10:44

Yes, there has been a questionnaire on the tables, at the end banquet, asking for ideas and input.
I am also sure the info thusly obtained, is put to good use, that part of it that can be.

I somewhat expect that for some of us, maybe me, for one, just urinate on whatever fire is currently burning my ass, at that time.

I do think that Rodney a few years back put on an excellent Classic, as did Chris White.
I was so looking forward to see Victor would have given us, had he continued his to the finish.

These two recent 3 Flags where memorable and becoming more so every day, because there where many fresh new ideas.

So keep them, new thoughts and ideas, coming, perhaps the Powers That Be, are reading this forum and at least wondering just what the heck are those guys thinking talking about???

I too, as was mentioned earlier, love the back and forth, Its still snowing up here, after all.
Bob

BrianNorri-
e
Advanced
on: March 12, 2019, 13:03

I've only been on 4 TFC's now so I'm barely a fetus compared to the majority! All 4 have been great rides and since the 40th was my first it was very special and I think Steve Shulman did one heck of a job. San Diego to Victoria, BC....Dang hard to beat being in those 2 incredible cities.

I ride (when i'm in AZ) with Victor and Rodney's AZ Rat Pack and can confirm that these 2 fine Gents really know what they're doing when organizing rides.

tgary
on: March 12, 2019, 14:30

Yeah.....I'm beginning to wonder what's going on....no newsletter since January 2019.....the website is getting slower and slower......I am also wondering about the Refugee Tent-city forming at the chosen border crossing for this year... (it was reported on a few weeks back on NPR)

PaulALax
Beginner
on: March 17, 2019, 10:01

Well, I can't speak for the newsletter, but there is a lot of activity with the Three Flags Committee. An updated route will be available soon and more info on the checkpoints. Steve Andrus, the route guy this year, has been busy. Tim Wanamaker and I are working out the checkpoints. A pre-ride to fine tune the route and checkpoints will happen very soon. We're a bit over 5 months from the start but all can rest assured that we're working on making it a great event.
Tell your friends.

PaulALax
Beginner
on: March 26, 2019, 06:47

In case anyone is interested, I will be leaving today to pre-ride the route. A report, including checkpoint locations and the route, which is always subject to change, will be coming soon.

bsmith
Advanced
on: March 26, 2019, 10:15

Paul, never mind the wasting time typing , get ridin'!
Actually, thank you for the report.

Anybody else got anything, I need to know?

jabkam
Beginner
on: March 26, 2019, 17:25

Hey Paul, if you're getting to Vernon on weekend let me know, would be happy to meet/help if any needed.
John

Pages: First << 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.033 seconds.

Forum Archive
Please post all new comments in the above forum. These archives are available for reference past threads only.

FB Also visit our Three Flags Facebook page.

SCMA Archive | Three Flags Archive

Comments are closed.