- U.S. 212 & WY 296, Beartooth Pass Highway and Chief Joseph Highway, Red Lodge, MT to north of Cody WY 1 http://www.beartoothhighway.com http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/676/Wyoming/Chief-Joseph-Scenic-Highway-Bighorn-Mountains.html
- CA70, the Feather River Scenic Byway, a 78 mile section between Oroville and Quincy.
- U.S.12, Lolo Pass, Lewiston, Idaho to Lolo, Montana http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/185/Idaho/The-Lolo-Pass.html
- U.S.33, Elkins, West Virginia to Seneca Rocks on to Harrisonburg, Virginia. 100-mile ride. http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/656/west-virginia/us-33-through-the-shanendoah-valley.html
- Going to the Sun Road, Glacier National Park, Montana. http://motorcycleroads.com/75/353/Montana/Going-To-The-Sun-Road.html
- U.S. 550, “Million Dollar Highway”, Montrose to Durango, Colorado http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/co_us550.html
- Blue Ridge Parkway, Any continuous 150 mile segment http://www.blueridgeparkway.org
- Washington 20, Concrete to Omak http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/634/Washington/Highway-20-Washington-Pass.html
- U.S. 385 into north gate Big Bend NP, out west gate on TX118 to FR170 to Presidio.1 120-mile ride. https://www.nps.gov/bibe/planyourvisit/maps.htm
- Ranch Roads 335, 336 and 337, “The Twisted Sisters” Texas 2
- U.S. 16A, Custer to Mt. Rushmore and then to Keystone, South Dakota 3
- Kancamagus Scenic Byway, base of Mt. Washington, to Lincoln, New Hampshire. 4
- U.S.191, Springerville to Three Way, Arizona http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/az_us191.html
- Utah 12, Torrey to Bryce Canyon Turnoff http://www.scenicbyway12.com
- ME 3 South onto Mount Desert Island, Acadia NP. ME102/ME102A to Bass Harbor Lighthouse. ME102A/ME102 to ME198 to ME233 to Cadilac Mountain Summit. Back down to the LOOP ROAD along the coast. Jordan Rd/ Stanly Rd to ME 3 North to get off the Island.1 75 miles double loop. http://www.nps.gov/acad
1 These roads are combined as a single “challenge unit” and all must be ridden.
2 To complete this challenge unit we suggest 335 south to Camp Wood, 337 east to Leaky, 336 north to Highway 41, Highway 41 east to US 83, US 83 south back to Leaky, 337 east to Medina. Or the same roads in the opposite direction.
3 We strongly recommend taking this road east from Custer to Mt. Rushmore for the awesome views of the monument through the tunnels.
4 NH112, Kancamagus HWY, 23 miles to Left on Bear Notch Rd, US302 W, at Twin Mt US3 N then NH115 E, US2 E to NH16 S to Mt. Washington Auto Road. Clarification: Endpoints for this Road Group are Lincoln, New Hampshire, and the BASE of Mt Washington. Ride to the summit of Mt Washington is NOT required.
For further clarification or questions about this event, contact Bob Roger, Chairman, Best 15 US Roads Challenge at