Best 15 US Roads Challenge List for 2019
1. The Dinosaur Diamond Prehistoric Highway (Utah). 45 mile road. I-70 exit 204 UT128 south to US191 Moab, Utah
2. The Highland Scenic Highway (West Virginia). 145 mile road group. Elkins at Minnehaha Statue US219 south 56 miles to right (west) on WV150. At 79 miles right (west) on WV39 to Summersville. Left (south) US19 to the New River Gorge Visitor’s Center, endpoint.
3. The Great River Road (Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota). 130 mile loop. I-90 exit 3 LaCrosse, Wisconsin WI 35 (Great River Road) south 64 miles to Prairie Du Chien. Right (west) on US18 to bridge over the Mississippi River to Marquette, Iowa. Right (north) on the GREAT RIVER ROAD (IA76/X52/IA26). Enter Minnesota (MN26/MN16/US14) to endpoint in LaCrescent, MN.
4. The Ozark Hellbender (Missouri). 98 mile road.
I-44 exit 208 to Cuba, MO. MO 19 (south) 98 miles to Winona, MO (Jct US60)
5. The Ohio Dragon and the Triple Nickel (Ohio). 116 mile road group/ OH7 at Clarington Take OH 78 (Ohio Dragon) west 81 miles to Ringgold. Turn Left (south) on OH 555 (Triple Nickel) for 35 miles to endpoint in Redbush.
6. The Walden Loop through Rocky Mountain NP (Colorado). 252 mile loop. I-25 Loveland Colorado West on US34 95 miles to Granby. Right on US40 two miles Straight onto CO125 for 54 miles to Waldon. (east) on CO14 for 99 miles to endpoint in Fort Collins, CO. Continue east on CO14 to Jct of I-25.
7. Beartooth Pass and Chief Joseph Scenic Byway (Montana and Wyoming). 97 mile road group.
Red Lodge, Montana US212 (south over Beartooth Pass) 50 miles to Jct WY296 (Chief Joseph Scenic Byway). Endpoint at Jct WY120.
8. The Feather River Scenic Byway (California). 79 mile road.
CA70 Oroville to Quincy.
9. The Northwest Passage Scenic Byway (Idaho, Montana). 206 mile road. US12 Lewiston, ID to Lolo, MT. AKA The Lolo Trail
10. The Blue Ridge Parkway (North Carolina, Virginia). 150 mile road. Ride ANY 150 mile section along the 469 mile long BRP.
11. The Northern Cascades Highway (Washington). 150 mile road.
WA20 Omak to Concrete
12. The Twisted Sisters (Texas). Approximately a 155 mile road group. Medina to Leaky and Camp Wood riding the complete lengths of RR337, RR336, and RR335. The Texas Hill Country.
13. The Iron Mountain Road (South Dakota). 34 mile road.
US16A from Custer to Keystone. The Black Hills.
14. The Apache Trail (Arizona). 97 mile road group.
Starting Point: AZ188 at Roosevelt Dam, ride southeast on AZ188 to right US60 to Apache Junction. At exit 199, turn right, bare left onto E Old West HWY. Turn right on AZ88 (S Idaho Rd). Road name changes to N Apache Trail (still AZ88), follow to Tortilla Flat, ride End Point.
15. Mount Desert Island Acadia National Park (Maine). 34 mile Park Loop. Enter Acadia National Park from ME3 to Park Visitor’s Center. Ride the Park Loop, a ONE WAY road, 21 miles to Right Turn onto Cadillac Summit Road, proceed to the Summit, end point of the ride.
16. Ross Maxwell Scenic Drive Big Bend NP (Texas). 152 mile road group. US385 into Big Bend NP to Start at the Panther Junction Visitor’s Center Maverick Dr (west) 12 miles to Left (south) on Ross Maxwell Scenic Drive for 30 miles to Santa Elena Canyon Overlook. RETURN on Ross Maxwell Scenic Drive to Left on Maxwell Dr onto TX118 (3 miles) to Left FR170. Ride FR170 67 miles to Presidio as an endpoint.
For further clarification or questions about this event, contact Bob Roger, Chairman, Best 15 US Roads Challenge at