You are not logged in.
Before you can reserve a spot, you must register.
If you are a returning user please Login
New users please Register
- Download it here
- Print it in color
- Sign it, have it witnessed
- Send it to: SCMA, PO Box 487, Norwalk, CA 90651
Are you a rider or passenger under 21? Then complete the Form for Minors.
Failure to provide a completed Waiver and Release of Liability Form to SCMA will make you ineligible to participate in the event.
Best 15 US Roads Challenge -Announcing the 2013 Collection
click here for print version
The Southern California Motorcycling Association proudly announces its third annual Best 15 US Roads Challenge. Our picks for the 2013 Collection can be taken in any order at any time during 2013. All miles (including getting to the challenge roads) must be completed on a motorcycle, trike or side car.
You must be a member of SCMA. Complete an application above. Complete a waiver of liability form. All the rules can be found here. E-mail Charlie Coyner at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and comments.
Got a candidate road for 2014? Let us know anytime.
1. U.S. 212 & WY 296, Beartooth Pass Highway and Chief Joseph Highway, Red Lodge, MT to north of Cody WY* http://www.beartoothhighway.com http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/676/Wyoming/Chief-Joseph-Scenic-Highway-Bighorn-Mountains.html
2. California 1, Pacific Coast Highway, Monterey to Morro Bay** http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Hwy1BigSur.htm
3. U.S.12, Lolo Pass, Lewiston, Idaho to Lolo, Montana http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/185/Idaho/The-Lolo-Pass.html
4. “Cherohala Skyway” & “Tail of the Dragon”, Tellico Plains, TN to Deal’s Gap to Chilhowee, NC* www.tailofthedragon.com
5. Going to the Sun Road, Glacier National Park, Montana. http://motorcycleroads.com/75/353/Montana/Going-To-The-Sun-Road.html
6. U.S. 550, “Million Dollar Highway”, Montrose to Durango, Colorado http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/co_us550.html
7. Blue Ridge Parkway, Any continuous 150 mile segment http://www.blueridgeparkway.org
8. Washington 20, Concrete to Omak http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/634/Washington/Highway-20-Washington-Pass.html
9. Virginia 16, “Back of the Dragon”, Tazewell to Marion www.backofthedragon.com
10. Ranch Roads 335, 336 and 337, “The Twisted Sisters” or “The Triple 3”, Texas*** http://www.hillcountrycruising.com/the3s.html
11. U.S. 16A, Custer to Mt. Rushmore and then to Keystone, South Dakota**** http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/sd_us16a.html
12. “Kancamaugus Highway”, RT-118 Warren NH to RT-112 North Woodstock,NH combined with RT-16 from Conway, NH to Berlin, NH to include Mt Washington Road* http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/New-Hampshire_105.html
13. U.S.191, Springerville to Three Way, Arizona http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/az_us191.html
14. Utah 12, Torrey to Bryce Canyon Turnoff http://www.scenicbyway12.com
15. U.S. 50, “The Loneliness Road in America”, Ely to Carson City, Nevada http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/373/Nevada/Old-Hwy-50—The-Loneliest-Road-In-America.html
*These roads are combined as a single “challenge unit” and all must be ridden
**Southbound has the advantage of putting the ocean and scenic pull-offs on the right
*** To complete this challenge unit we suggest 335 south to Camp Wood, 337 east to Leaky, 336 north to Highway 41, Highway 41 east to US 83, US 83 south back to Leaky, 337 east to Medina. Or the same roads in the opposite direction.
****We strongly recommend taking this road east from Custer to Mt. Rushmore for the awesome views of the monument through the tunnels.