The Online Registration Form Appears Here Only After You Have Logged on as an active SCMA member. Register or renew membership if you are not yet a member or if you membership has lapsed.
Best 15 US Roads Challenge
Announcing the 2016 Collection
1. U.S. 212 & WY 296, Beartooth Pass Highway and Chief Joseph Highway, Red Lodge, MT to north of Cody WY* http://www.beartoothhighway.com http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/676/Wyoming/Chief-Joseph-Scenic-Highway-Bighorn-Mountains.html
2. California 1, Pacific Coast Highway, Monterey to Morro Bay** http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Hwy1BigSur.htm
3. U.S.12, Lolo Pass, Lewiston, Idaho to Lolo, Montana http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/185/Idaho/The-Lolo-Pass.html
4. U.S.33, Elkins, West Virginia to Seneca Rocks on to Harrisonburg, Virginia. 100 mile ride. http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/656/west-virginia/us-33-through-the-shanendoah-valley.html
5. Going to the Sun Road, Glacier National Park, Montana. http://motorcycleroads.com/75/353/Montana/Going-To-The-Sun-Road.html
6. U.S. 550, “Million Dollar Highway”, Montrose to Durango, Colorado http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/co_us550.html
7. Blue Ridge Parkway, Any continuous 150 mile segment http://www.blueridgeparkway.org
8. Washington 20, Concrete to Omak http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/634/Washington/Highway-20-Washington-Pass.html
9. U.S.385 into north gate Big Bend NP, out west gate on TX118 to FR170 to Presidio.* 120 mile ride. https://www.nps.gov/bibe/planyourvisit/maps.htm
10. Ranch Roads 335, 336 and 337, “The Twisted Sisters” or “The Triple 3”, Texas*** http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/555/Texas/The-Three-Sisters-(AKA-The-Twisted-Sisters)–Ranch-Roads-335-336337a.html#sthash.VtF1zKaL.dpbs
11. U.S. 16A, Custer to Mt. Rushmore and then to Keystone, South Dakota**** http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/sd_us16a.html
12. “Kancamaugus Scenic Byway/Mt.Washington, Lincoln, New Hampshire to Mt.Washington Summit***** http://www.motorcycleroads from.com/Routes/New-Hampshire_105.html
13. U.S.191, Springerville to Three Way, Arizona http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/az_us191.html
14. Utah 12, Torrey to Bryce Canyon Turnoff http://www.scenicbyway12.com
15. ME 3 South onto Mount Desert Island, Acadia NP. ME102/ME102A to Bass Harbor Lighthouse. ME102A/ME102 to ME198 to ME233 to Cadilac Mountain Summit. Back down to the LOOP ROAD along the coast. Jordan Rd/ Stanly Rd to ME 3 North to get off the Island.* 75 mile double loop. http://www.nps.gov/acad
*These roads are combined as a single “challenge unit” and all must be ridden
**Southbound has the advantage of putting the ocean and scenic pull-offs on the right
*** To complete this challenge unit we suggest 335 south to Camp Wood, 337 east to Leaky, 336 north to Highway 41, Highway 41 east to US 83, US 83 south back to Leaky, 337 east to Medina. Or the same roads in the opposite direction.
****We strongly recommend taking this road east from Custer to Mt. Rushmore for the awesome views of the monument through the tunnels
***** NH112, Kancamagus HWY, 23 miles to Left on Bear Notch Rd, US302 W, at Twin Mt US3 N then NH115 E, US2 E to NH16 S to Mt. Washington Auto Road.
1. The participant must be a member of the Southern California Motorcycling Association.
2. The participant must complete a registration form and pay the associated ride fee.
3. The participant must complete, sign, have witnessed and NOTARIZED an AMA Release and Indemnity Form (ROL) printed in COLOR to clearly show the red watermark, then send it to the Chairman of the Best 15 US Roads Challenge.
4. The participant must provide a GAS RECEIPT clearly showing the date and location at both ends of each road or road group (challenge unit). Also required is a PHOTO of the PARTICIPANT with his or her MOTORCYCLE taken with a SIGN or recognizable LANDMARK to identify the location. The gas receipts and photos must be assembled into a logbook and sent to the Chairman of the Best 15 US Roads Challenge for approval to certify the participant as a Finisher of the Challenge.
5. The participant must ride his or her motorcycle or trike the entire distances to and from home, to and from and along the prescribed roads. The fifteen roads may be traveled in any sequence, breaks in time between roads are allowed and can be taken at the discretion of the rider; In the event of a road closure, ride to the closure sign to take the photo.
6. ALL 15 Roads must be ridden in one calendar year, designated as between January 1 and December 15. There are no time extensions for any reason, including weather, mechanical failures, accidents, illness etc. Participants will have two years of eligibility to complete the ride; the year of registration is considered the first year of eligibility; the following year is the 2nd year of eligibility.
For further clarification, or any other questions about this ride offering, contact Bob Roger, Chairman, Best 15 US Roads Challenge at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (330) 857 8131
You are not logged in.
Before you can reserve a spot, you must register.
If you are a returning user please log in
New users please Register
NOTICE: You must mail a signed and notarized Waiver and Release of Liability Form to complete your application for this event.
- Download it here
- Print it in color
- Sign it in the presence of a Notary and have it notarized.
- Send it to: Robert Roger, 17641 Withrich Rd, Dalton, Ohio, 44618.
Are you a rider or passenger under 21? Then complete the Form for Minors.
Failure to provide a completed Waiver and Release of Liability Form to SCMA will make you ineligible to participate in the event.