The Online Registration Form Appears Here Only After You Have Logged on as an active SCMA member. Register or renew membership if you are not yet a member or if you membership has lapsed.
SCMA offers the Best 15 US Roads Challenge for the 5th year. 15 roads (or “challenge units” consisting of two or more roads) You have one calendar year to ride all 15 in any order and at any time. You must travel every mile from your home to the roads and back again on a motorcycle, trike or motorcycle with a side car. At your option, you may complete the 15 in pieces. For instance, if you live in Kansas, it may make sense to capture the roads in the northwest, return home, capture the roads in the the south, return home and capture the east. In short, your options are endless. Each road requires proof of visit consisting of time dated gasoline receipts and photographs of recognizable road signs or points of interest assembled into a riding album of your design.
Please allow 2 to 4 weeks for SCMA to process your application. Your completed application, your payment and your signed, notarized, and witnessed release of liability form must be in our hands prior to beginning the ride.
The release of liability form can be found on the front page of the website in the red “Member Resources” panel on the right hand side. Download the form in color, sign it, get it witnessed and then mail it to us. The AMA Sanction Number for the Best 15 US Roads Challenge is 44724. Do it now, even if you are still trying to figure out whether you are going. It begins a file to which we can refer when your online entry form and money arrives.
Remember that you must:
1. Be an active SCMA member to register. If you are not a current SCMA member then go to membership on the front page, pay for a one-year or two-year membership.
2. Complete the ride entry form preferably on line.
3. Pay the ride fee preferably on line.
4. Download, sign, have witnessed and notarized, then mail the release of liability form. This step can not be done on line.
You are not logged in.
Before you can reserve a spot, you must register.
If you are a returning user please log in
New users please Register
NOTICE: You must mail a signed and witnessed and notarized Waiver and Release of Liability Form to complete your application for this event.
The AMA Sanction Number for the Best 15 US Roads Challenge is 44724. The top line on the waiver should read SCMA, Norwalk, Ca., 44724. The Event Date line will be 1/1/2015 – 12/15/2015.
- Download it here
- Print it in color
- Sign it, have it witnessed and notarized.
- Send it to: Robert Roger, 17641 Withrich Rd, Dalton, Ohio, 44618.
Are you a rider or passenger under 21? Then complete the Form for Minors.
Failure to provide a completed Waiver and Release of Liability Form to SCMA will make you ineligible to participate in the event.
Best 15 US Roads Challenge -Announcing the 2015 Collection
The Southern California Motorcycling Association proudly announces its fifth annual Best 15 US Roads Challenge. Our picks for the 2015 Collection can be taken in any order at any time during 2015. All miles (including getting to the challenge roads) must be completed on a motorcycle, trike or side car.
You must be a member of SCMA. You must complete an application above. And you must sign and have witnessed and notarized a waiver of liability form. All the rules can be found here. E-mail Bob Roger at email@example.com with questions and comments.
1. U.S. 212 & WY 296, Beartooth Pass Highway and Chief Joseph Highway, Red Lodge, MT to north of Cody WY* http://www.beartoothhighway.com http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/676/Wyoming/Chief-Joseph-Scenic-Highway-Bighorn-Mountains.html
2. California 1, Pacific Coast Highway, Monterey to Morro Bay** http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Hwy1BigSur.htm
3. U.S.12, Lolo Pass, Lewiston, Idaho to Lolo, Montana http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/185/Idaho/The-Lolo-Pass.html
4. “Cherohala Skyway” & “Tail of the Dragon”, Tellico Plains, TN to Deal’s Gap to Chilhowee, NC* www.tailofthedragon.com
5. Going to the Sun Road, Glacier National Park, Montana. http://motorcycleroads.com/75/353/Montana/Going-To-The-Sun-Road.html
6. U.S. 550, “Million Dollar Highway”, Montrose to Durango, Colorado http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/co_us550.html
7. Blue Ridge Parkway, Any continuous 150 mile segment http://www.blueridgeparkway.org
8. Washington 20, Concrete to Omak http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/634/Washington/Highway-20-Washington-Pass.html
9. Virginia 16, “Back of the Dragon”, Tazewell to Marion www.backofthedragon.com
10. Ranch Roads 335, 336 and 337, “The Twisted Sisters” or “The Triple 3”, Texas*** http://www.hillcountrycruising.com/the3s.html
11. U.S. 16A, Custer to Mt. Rushmore and then to Keystone, South Dakota**** http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/sd_us16a.html
12. “Kancamaugus Highway”, RT-118 Warren NH to RT-112 North Woodstock,NH combined with RT-16 from Conway, NH to Berlin, NH to include Mt Washington Road* http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/New-Hampshire_105.html
13. U.S.191, Springerville to Three Way, Arizona http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/az_us191.html
14. Utah 12, Torrey to Bryce Canyon Turnoff http://www.scenicbyway12.com
15. U.S. 50, “The Loneliness Road in America”, Ely to Carson City, Nevada http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/373/Nevada/Old-Hwy-50—The-Loneliest-Road-In-America.html
Got a candidate road for 2016? We would like to hear from you.
*These roads are combined as a single “challenge unit” and all must be ridden
**Southbound has the advantage of putting the ocean and scenic pull-offs on the right
*** To complete this challenge unit we suggest 335 south to Camp Wood, 337 east to Leaky, 336 north to Highway 41, Highway 41 east to US 83, US 83 south back to Leaky, 337 east to Medina. Or the same roads in the opposite direction.
****We strongly recommend taking this road east from Custer to Mt. Rushmore for the awesome views of the monument through the tunnels.